Hi All! This is my first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All! I'm a new member. Like most, I've been getting to this for a few weeks. I've got the book, a plan and some of the herbal medicine. Today is day 2 being AF. Trying to go at least the first 30 days AF. Then, after that we'll see. The hardest part for me of trying to quit is the emotional roller coaster. I'm just a WRECK after 3 or 4 days. But I know that exercise works best for me. I'm going to walk the dogs tonight and have an opportunity to jog in the morning. I have a bit of a challenge because my husband doesn't support what I'm trying to do and I don't really have any friends I feel I can talk to yet. So, it's real easy to just blow it off every couple of days and no one knows. So, I figured I better get something posted, so I could at least come out of the closet a little bit. Isn't that silly? I'm not a closet drinker, I'm a closet "trying NOT to drinker"?

Well, I'm glad to finally get this first post out of the way. I'm limited as to when I can check in, but I think I'll be able to post again tomorrow. Day 3 and 4 will definitely be the hardest (especially since they're on a weekend). Well, really, it's time for honesty. Weekend has nothing to do with it. Last Tuesday night I drank (all by myself) an entire 1.5L bottle of wine (that's the big one). I'm 35 years old and weigh 135 lbs. Y'all (that's how we say it here in Texas)...Y'all, that's just too much. That should put someone in a coma. Well, no since worrying over that.

Thanks for being here! I hope with your help I can make a great change in the life of myself and my children.

As my precious likes to say...tootles!
    "If it is to be, it is up to me" -R Stayer
    "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin

Good for you on your first post. Be gentle to yourself through this process and just keep your goals in mind. You are among great friends who care very much about you and we will stay with you through your success and your failures, should they occur. I am sober for 5 months and it took me too many years to string together 5 AF months. Hope you do a lot better than I. Lots of love and God bless.
    Matt

Comment

Hello and welcome, Fighting!!!!!

Well done on your first post! So glad you're joining this fight and this wonderful group of people here. You know, day 3 and 4 were real stumbling blocks for me, too. I had to take a couple of runs at it to make it over that hump. You can do it, too - no doubt!

You sound like you're honest with yourself and you sound determined - I look forward to seeing you succeed!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

A great big :welcome:
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I'm on day 2 AF too. You can do this. We can do this together!!!:goodjob:
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Great first post!!
            Welcome:-)
            Looking forward to reading more posts from you.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Good luck to you! i relate to alot to what you say. It is hard if you feel your husband is not so supportive, but you have to do it for yourself, and take it one day at a time. be gentle with yourself as well.:welcome:
              no time like the present

Comment

Glad to have you with us.

:goodluck::angelgirl::angelgirl::angelgirl:
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Welcome neighbor! :h
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Still fighting,
                    Welcome. Lots of understanding and support here. After the first 4 days it does get easier.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I feel bad for saying I didn't have any friends I could turn to yet. That's not fair to my friends. I could, I'm just not comfortable yet, until I can do something besides repeat the same 3-4 days over and over...

Thank you all for the welcome! It makes me glad to be here. Here's to a successful day 3 AprilMoon! I'll be checking in later today...
                      Thanks again!
                      Still Fighting
                      "If it is to be, it is up to me" -R Stayer
                      "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin

Comment

Welcome Friend! Well you have plenty of friends who support your decisions here! Yesterday was my first post and I was a complete wreck! The amount of support I recieved in one hour was amazing - I was able to dry my eyes long enough to answer the door to my mailman who was coincidently delivery my Starter Kit ! I feel optimist today & so should you - From what I read the herbs really help & get out there and excercise!
                        :new:

Comment

Howdie Fighting!

:welcome:
                          Tried to post a reply earlier today but my computer was on a go slow. I was going to say you've taken the first and most difficult step - registering and getting involved in the community. I've only been a member for a short while and like you I haven't told anybody I'm here, the problem I have or how much I really drink so secrecy through and through, I'm afraid. What I do feel is good from this site is that you feel that you're not alone, not the only one and hopefully gain some support, tips, etc, from others. My tip? Don't beat yourself up the morning after the night before. What's done is done and start each day a new. I don't want to be actually AF all of the time - I just want to have 4 days AF (Mon - Thurs) and then have 3 moderate AL days, Friday, Sat and Sunday. That's what I'm aiming for. A tip for an AF evening is to change your routine - even a different room at a certain time of evening can help. Also - putting on my jim-jams, slippers & dressing gown & having a small bowl of cereal works wonders - don't fancy a glass of chilled white with that! Keep on going - good luck for days 3 & 4 and keep us all posted!!!!! :l and take care, x

Comment

Hi Still Fighting!

It's great to meet you!

Becoming
                            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Still Fighting

:welcome: Nice to meet you. I know weekends are tough aren't they? Come here and spend it with us as much as you can. That's what has kept me sober. Best of luck. :elk:
                              Starting over again
                              ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X