ODAT - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

Hi All! These winter blahs are not helping! Remember for the times we stumble, that there is a saying that you can lose a battle but still win the war! Alcohol is a formidible enemy but can be defeated.

Hey, Maybe I'm mistaking ODAT for the ARMY thread today! LOL
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

I'm starting day 3 AF.....I'm starting to feel good about myself.... Thanks to this site!!
      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

ODAT - Friday

:argh:

well after such a positive start to the day ive come down a few notches since..... i havent done any of the things that i was going ti, i haven't even got dressed yet and i feel like crap! i feel quite empty nad like i couldnt care less, i keep thinking about what i'm going to do tonight and a bottle of wine to have with my tea... i never really realised how much of a grip this stuff has on me! I think ive been racing ahead in my own mind telling myself about the wonderful new active life i'm going to lead now. i need to realise it wont happen overnight, just keep on chipping away at it for now.

hope everybody is ok - sorry to moan!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Quite alright Shelley! I imagine your mood swings are partly because of alc withdrawal. Stay strong! This is why it is ODAT! Just try not to give in to cravings. More times you refuse to give in to cravings, the easier it becomes. But it takes time! You'll make it!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

shelley;533059 wrote: :argh:

well after such a positive start to the day ive come down a few notches since..... i havent done any of the things that i was going ti, i haven't even got dressed yet and i feel like crap! i feel quite empty nad like i couldnt care less, i keep thinking about what i'm going to do tonight and a bottle of wine to have with my tea... i never really realised how much of a grip this stuff has on me! I think ive been racing ahead in my own mind telling myself about the wonderful new active life i'm going to lead now. i need to realise it wont happen overnight, just keep on chipping away at it for now.

hope everybody is ok - sorry to moan!
            Shelley, yesterday I just wanted to drink so bad. I looked at my husband, who I promised I would stop drinking just a couple of days ago. I couldn't do it..... keep posting and let's help each other!!
            RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

ODAT - Friday

April cross-posted with you on the nesters thread. Cograts on day 3. I felt like crap the first 4 days then it started getting alittle better. I know I never want to do those first days over again. hang in there.

Shelley-I think Dill's right about the mood swings and alc withdrawal. That first week is tough but it does get better. good luck.

Hi Dill-and to all the other ODAT's. Such a busy thread already. Everyone have a good and AF week-end.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Morning ODATers!

Holy moly, you guys are chatty this early! No time to address everyone individually - but love you all.

Real quick... Blanchie.... you're so cute with your giddyness! ('sthat a word???) Stay that way - it's contagious!

Upnorth-see the nest and PM

Ezzy... you have been doing fabulous... stay strong!

Sea... :l you are such a lovely lady; it breaks my heart that you are having such a hard time right now. You DO know, that kids are selfish, right? That their behavior is dictated by their youth and has nothing to do with their love for you. PM me anytime - stay close to your sister and please be safe.

Ok, really gotta get moving... have a good, AF Friday, everyone!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Morning ODATers!!
                  Up North--DO NOT beat yourself up...you've done amazing!!! Remember that!! We all slip, to era is human. Don't let the guilt engulf you...it's taking away from your amazing accomplishments and feelings of hopefullness...don't let it. You are truely an inspiration to so many people on this site...we're here for...helping you get up, brush off and tackle this day!! We love you!
                  "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                  7/29/12

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi ODATers, my this thread seems to be booming the last few days!

Day 3 AF here again and only 2 drinking days out of the past 7 which is brilliant. Hubbie is at interview for job as I type, hope he's doing OK.

As you said Greenie ODAT is just that only about the here and now cos that's all we've got any control over - keep meeting your goals everyone.

Love to all
                    Bx

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Wow! What a thread!

Sea, we love you so much here, you do realize that, don't you? Please PM me any time. Sunshine's right, kids can be very selfish if we let them. Please don't let them bring you down, you are such an amazing person.

upnorth, please don't apologize to us. I'm on day 1 again, too, buddy.

Be
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hey all,

Man the weekend is here, even better superbowl weekend. It's been one week since I admitted I was an alcoholic. I feel really good. Of course I have the backing of my entire family. I haven't told the people I work with, just told them I ws type 2 diabetic and I couldn't drink. I look forward to monday, it will be first time in 2 years I wasn't hung over after big game. Good luck to you all this weekend. When is that stupid groundhog coming out anyways!!!!!!!!!!
                        PAW:nutso:

Comment

ODAT - Friday

I meant 23 years
                          PAW:nutso:

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Wow! this is a very active thread today. I've been so busy I only got a chance to check the website for 5 min after lunch and then it was another meeting.

Sea -- hang in there. hopefully they'll come around. Upnorth, sorry you felt bad. Did you go back and see what triggered this episode? sometimes this helps me. If I can recognize how I was feeling and what happened just before I started drinking, I can do something different the next time I feel the same way.

Hope everyone has a great superbowl weekend AF if that's your goal or Mod.
                            :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                            ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Working...
                            X