Nice to be Back on MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to be Back on MWO

So, just to let you know, it is nice to be back on MWO after quite an absence. Since March 11 -- by some stroke of magic and grace -- I have been AF. It has taken me 8 years of struggle to put together any time at all. I think that once in that 8 years I was sober for a month or so. Much of the time I was struggling, I just wondered if I were serious or not and came to believe that I was fooling myself, and worse yet, that I was lieing to you all about getting sober.

I also got a new hip in September and have been on antibiotics ever since because I picked up a staph infection as part of the surgery. Being on antibiotics is something of an incentive to stay sober. Definitely don't want to undercut the meds.

So I still live in Alexandria, VA with a dog called McKenzie. Life seems to be better without the horrible hangovers, shame, guilt. In many ways life became kind of grim. I realize that while I drank I had become quite isolated and lost friends and perspective. I am now trying to socialize more and it is a work in progress. MWO was very important to me.

I am glad to see a number of old MWO friends. Makes me feel like home. BTW, has Bessie who used to start the ODAT thread been posting at all. I miss her. So my love to you all and thanks for being friends during some horrible times for me. I pray I remain sober and that you all achieve your goals. It is a process, not something we can turn on at will. God Bless and I hope for you all happiness and health ODAT.
    Matt

Nice to be Back on MWO

Matthen, I am glad you came back. I appreciate someone who has gotten sober coming back and sharing their experience and wisdom. Thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Nice to be Back on MWO

Matt, welcome back!
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Nice to be Back on MWO

Hi Matthen - congrats on your AF time - that's great! I hope to get there soon.

No, Bessie hasn't been on but I do keep in touch with her and she's doing well.
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

Nice to be Back on MWO

Mathen. congrats on your af time, and it sounds like you have been through alot health wise too. we are all glad to see you back on mwo as well!:l
          no time like the present

Comment

Nice to be Back on MWO

Matthen--that is awesome> You are coming up on a full year before you know it. Be sure to tell us how you do it!

Comment

Nice to be Back on MWO

Matt, thank you for coming back. Its wonderful to see people who are making this work to give us all some encouragement.
              Sorry to hear about your infection though, I hope that it clears very soon for you.
              I saw you posted on the Army thread earlier, it was lovely to see you there, keep coming back, its a wonderful place!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Nice to be Back on MWO

Thanks folks, I hope to stay longer this time; your friendship is wonderful.
                Matt

Comment

Nice to be Back on MWO

Hello Matthen--I'm glad you're back AND sober!! :goodjob:
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                  X