Today is hard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is hard.

So today i've been busy all day, doing my gardening and stuff and i've been craving drink. I just think it would be sooo nice to have a nice glass of wine in the bath and relax. Oh well. Just gotta keep saying, nope, ain't happening. Thisis so :xxx:hard .

:upset:

Today is hard.

LM... good for you, for handling those thoughts... you know very well that the thoughts do not represent the true situation.... a glass of wine is not "nice," and it leads to so much misery... Don't let yourself (your mind) get involved in romanticized fantasies about alcohol, OK? It makes us very unhappy, and leads to relapse... Not drinking is something to be grateful for, not something that deprives us of a good thing...

Comment

Today is hard.

Keep at it Michelle, just have the bath and maybe a nap? It gets easier...you are doing so well, dont spoil it
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Today is hard.

Lil.M... I used to do the same thing... glass of wine while having a bath. Well, while doing anything, really.

I've started making a cup of tea to take to the bath with me... after all, we want to RELAX, right? Maybe you'll want to give it a try... I'm actually enjoying it

Well done on fending off 'those' thoughts!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Today is hard.

keep it up you are doing the best thing for you .. great job
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Today is hard.

Michelle, I'm WAY into overcompensation and substitutes. I love my sparkling pear cider in a wine glass, and an oatmeal cookie to cut the cravings. Get some bath salts, so do the bath -and- make it special. Find some music and make it an event. Do some stretches before, and find a fluffy novel to read, and make it a celebration of what a special person you are.

It works for me to make little things such a big production that the alcohol is not missed. Besides, I deserve it, right?

Comment

Today is hard.

hang in there, Michelle

Ah, yes, a nice hot bath, a cup of tea, maybe some relaxing music. Just sit in that warm water and relax. Have yourself a nice sex fantasy or something-:H-anything other than thinking about drinking.

Comment

Today is hard.

Relaxing

Don't forget to light some candles. Put them all around your tub. And make it a bubble bath too! :bath2: :notes: :cupajoe: :yeah:
                Starting over again
                ray:

Comment

Working...
                X