Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Februar = Moderating phase

WannaBFree;536986 wrote:
    I 100% now where you are coming from this is my inner battle too. I also feel that I need to know for sure that I cannot mod and then I will be able to fully commit myself to a AF life ( maybe even with a smile ? ). I have though, if I look back have been trying to moderate for over ten years and Hmmmm well lets just say that I have woken up feeling ashamed and depressed far more often than got away with those 2-3 good girl drinks. I guess what I am trying to saying is that will another ten years pass us by before it really clicks and we can get on with the full glorious potential our lives have to offer!? I bloody hope not.
    Why not just take 1 year out of our lives ( not long when put into perspective ) and take the challenge to say ' Yes' to all postitive opportunities that come our way instead of hiding behind the bottle. Then at the end of this time if our life is truly no better than welcome the poison back into our lives. What have we got to lose.
    Feel the fear..do it anyway.
    Sez:h
    WBF: This is a GREAT post! Certainly, it matches my experience; at some point, if we are going to survive this thing, I think we have to let go of all the mental spinning around with the "what-ifs" and "maybe I can control it this time" and turn our hearts and minds in a positive, future-oriented, life-enhancing direction! As you say, "what have we got to lose?" Nobody ever woke up in the morning and said: "Damn, I sure do wish I had been drinking alcohol last night!"

Comment

Just a general comment. I think if you are unsure which way to go it means you are fighting an inner battle and you are probably not able to moderate?! . I think trying to moderate in a lot of cases is people being in denial or not being able to deal not having AL in their life (which we all struggle with). The process of trying to moderate can delay your progress for years especially if you keep trying unsuccesfully. When we used to confront my dad about his drinking and suggested going AF, he always used to say that he is not ready yet to accept that he cannot drink for the rest of his life, have a glass of bubbly in the jaccuzzi, etc. I think that sums the modding story up for him. It took further years until he finally gave up drinking for good and he still slips every couple of weeks.

This comment is not a generalisation about modding. if you are have come to the realisation that you are an alcoholic and often there are certain events that lead up to the realisation, stop for goodness sake.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

personal experience???

I can't Mod...one = too many.

Comment

Working...
        X