X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Tuesday

Hi guys.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

ODAT Tuesday

Hope you are all well today.

Feeling a little more energised this morning. Got a babysitter last night and took my wifey out for dinner and stayed in a local hotel for the night.

Was good to spent some time on our own. Wife had a glass of wine with dinner and I managed past the temptation. All in all had a brilliant time.

Day 56 coming up tomorrow. (8 weeks). and though strugglin I think I will manage past the temptations.

Hpe you all have a great day.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Hi ODATer's.
      I had Monday off, so when i went to work this morning it felt like it was a Monday morning, I love it, I am one day closer to the weekend. I received my Greenpeace supporter's pack in the mail today, so thats something I am very proud of, I totally think we are taking the earths resources for granted & could find ourselves in a world of hurt if we are not careful
      Go Johnny, I hope you are going to do something nice for yourself to celebrate 60 days, do boys like spa days??? LOL, seriously its an achievement. be proud.
      hope all to come are meeting their goals.
      *Witchy*
      Progress, not perfection!!!
      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Hello ODATers
        Day 3 and seem to be feeling a bit better. I must accomplish something today. I have started up the vits and supps again; have pulled out the CD's and will go to an AA meeting this evening if I feel ok. Going on that bender was the stupidest thing that I ever did, and guess what? all of my bills are still sitting here, and I still have no job. It is so not worth it. I hope everyone has a great day. AF one for me.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Hi all ODAT'rs

Wow, 58 days Johnny that rocks. Keep going, its not worth having a Day 1 again after all that time. Having another snow day and again spent hours in the car. However, got them from a to b safely and thats the main thing. I have such guilt about being a drinking Mom that anything I do to make up for it makes me feel better. Another AF night so I woke clear headed this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Hi everyone

Doing great. No AL. My youngest starts kindy tomorrow for the first time. He is so excited. I will be so sad. Life goes on. Great work on 58 days johnny.

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Hey Ezz, how are you doing? Are you coping well?

hey Witchy, Very, very cool the greenpeace thing. I absolutely respect you for that!!

The spa thing. well it's probably not the standard guys thing but I for one quite enjoy a nice message and have had (on my anniversary) a facial before. (I hope the guys in this forum still respect me - Than again they probably never did ). I might just do that!

Well done on the 3 days Sea, the bender happened, nothing you can do now but move on and that's what you are doing, so congratz.

Rustop, AL is definately not an option anymore. It isn't easy but I am determined to not ever drink again. let's hope I'll keep strong.
              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

HI ODATers!

One beer yesterday (albeit rather large one). Today aiming for ZERO today.

I know I will feel better, more optimistic in general, etc. with no AL!!
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Good morning Johnny, Witchy, Ezz, Rusto and Sea. You all sound like you are doing well and on track! Well, me too. Day 2, but feeling really good. Johnny thanks for starting us out today. Congrats on 58 days! Wow!

10 degrees F here this morning. Yesterday the groundhog saw his shadow, so it looks like two extra weeks of winter weather.. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Superstitious? Me?!! Well, maybe a bit!

Good day to all to come as well.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Hey Savon, we cross posted! Glad you put the brakes on yesterday when you did! Bet you feel good today. Keep up the good work!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Good morning everyone.
                      Today is my little sisters birthday. She would have been 33. She was such a beautiful soul. She died from Alcholism. In her honor today, I will be alcohol free. I do not want my life to end in such tragedy. I want to have a full and happy life, for me, my husband and children. Today, I pledge to keep pledging every day to be AF. I have not been doing well at all, but, today, I have renewed stregnth. A lot of that stregnth comes from being here. A lot from the memory of my sister, and the rest from the soldier inside me.
                      Congrats to all of you who are doing so amazingly well and hugs to all of you who need a little love.

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

I am working on 7 days AF.....

Blanchie...I am so sorry about your sister. Happy birthday to her!!!! You can do this. She would want you to do better and better each day being AF.

We can do this together!!!!!
                        RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Good for you April and Johnny and all the others who are slogging through it one day at a time. Sea, I hope that you find that things get better; somehow it is a little easier to cope without the haze of a hangover. Good luck to all.
                          Matt

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Hi ODATimers,
                            Thought I would join you guys today, needed some support and inspiration,4 days af today, (4th is always my worst day to get through), but reading all your posts has helped enormously. Johnny 56 days that great well done.
                            Blanchie so sorry to hear about your sister so young too.
                            Have a great day everyone, I wish you well in your respective goals.

Eastx
                            In life we can live out our dreams its true
                            the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

ODAT Tuesday

Good Day all ODATer's ---- Blanchie--- I'm so sorry to hear of your sister ... she was so young! The best thing you could do to honor her is to be AF.
                              Johnny --- 56 days ---- good for you ... you must feel wonderful!

Okay guys, get out the wet noodle ... I deserve 20 lashes! I've been drinking the last couple of nights. As I've said, my hubby is on a golfing holiday with his buddies in St. Lucia... getting nice and tanned and I've been home alone for 5 days. The first couple of days, I stayed AF and felt great, but then have been having my own little party. I've actually quite enjoyed the peace and quiet and just do what I want, when I want (no regular meals to prepare!). He arrives home late tonight and I don't want him to smell AL on me, so "the party is over!" ... LOL! I'm back to day 1 again.

Eastender ... this is a great place for support, welcome.

Matthen, April, Blanchie, Ezz, Dill, Savon, Rustop, Sea, Witchy and Johnny ... and all to come (Peanut, where are you?) ..... thanks for being here! Enjoy your day everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X