I'm such a freaking idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so I go to the pharmacy last night to pick up the Topa and since I just started a new job, they didn't have my current insurance information. I didn't have the group number with me so I had to leave without it (it was over $300 otherwise). So - since I couldn't start last night that meant that I could drink - right? I mean, the wine shelf is about 5 paces away from the pharmacy - what else was I supposed to do???

I woke up this morning with a badly bruised left big toe and a huge bruise on my left hip. It's really fuzzy but I think I was trying to put my shower door back on the hinges - no idea why I decided to take a shower in the middle of the night. Is anyone else just sick to death of MDI's?? (Mysterious Drunken Injuries). My poor body.

I am so sick of this. So looking forward to ending this cycle. Just had to say that. I'll pick up the Topa today and SKIP the 5 paces to the wine.

MDI's

OH Yeah! When I used to live in my tree-house in Colorado, I had to hike in about 10 min. This included a short walk across a suspension bridge, to get to my cabin. I guess I can be kinda proud in saying that in all the 18 yrs that I lived there... I only fell off the bridge & into the creek once!
    It was only about 3 feet off of the water, and it was in the winter... cold as (not Hell....), but at least it wasn't spring run off! I wouldv'e ended up in the river .. instead of Fall creek. Really fast!
    My dress was frozen by time I got up the hill to my cabin! Thank god I didn't break a leg or something!:h
    Oh the memories!
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Mnorgard,

Sounds like your pride is hurt more than your toe or hip. We have all been there, done that in one way or another. Some stories are hilarious, others sad, but today is a new day. Don't be hard on yourself, just think of how well you are going to do on Topa.

Meow-Meow,
      Mona Cat
      Meow-Meow
      MonaKitty

Comment

I broke my ankle 2 months ago - 2nd time in 6 months. First time was ligit - fell backwards over a pole in the sand paddock. Second time - not really sure - I went backwards over the bed - which has a footboard on it - can't really remember doing it - but hubby corroberates this story - OR _ it could have been falling off a stilletto at a wedding a few days later - not sure which - always covered in mysterious bruises. I think the black and blue pixies come out at night and beat me up !!!

Comes with the territory !!! hee hee
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

hey mnorgard

where do you live that you go the topa?

Comment

I am in Portland, Oregon. My doctor was actually pretty cool about it.

Comment

Mnorgard
              Its true - SO many times I used to drink, I ended up with mysterious bruises. I would have NO IDEA where they came from.
              Yup, comes with the territory.
              Dont "beat yourself up". Just get the topa and start fresh.
              We are here
              Hugs
              Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Gateway,
                Gosh, I feel sorry for you. You sound like a crack addict looking for topa. Good luck!! I found a doc. that gave me two sample bottle and a script. Where the hell do you live?

Comment

mnorgard;

The night that I knew I couldn't take it any more, I had a dream that my next door neighbor and I went to a hotel. The man isn't someone that I ever really got to know. The next morning I had something sticky in my hair and I really got nervous and started thinking "what in the world did the man do in my hair?" Then hubby told me that I never left the house that night, I just forgot about it, but every time I saw him I wondered..

Brandy

Comment

I too have had mysterious bruises and they seem to last longer than before drinking unless my memory is playing tricks after 7 years. I began to think it was directly related to drinking not falling....but then would we remember falling???
                    Enough is enough

Comment

I used to walk around looking like someone beat me with a baseball bat. Most of the time I didn't notice the bruises until someone said, "Oh my God! What happened to you?". The bruises became so common people just started saying, "Did you party last night?". People thought it was funny-they couldn't believe I could get that banged up and not know exactly how it happened.
                      I also have permanent scar tissue in my leg from a drunken mountain bike incident. I knew I had no business driving a car but I thought it would be ok to ride a bike (five miles, at night, to a bar). That's some nice drunken logic for you. I'm amazed I still have all of my limbs.

Jackie

Comment

am i crazy - this post clearly states TODAY AUGUST 1st. i reasy this post one week ago

Comment

Anyone ever been literally "falling down drunk"?
                          Meow-Meow
                          MonaKitty

Comment

I am in Portland too. Can you tell me the name of your doctor? I have only been here for a year and don't have a doctor yet.

Thanks,
                            Sarah

Comment

Chin up, we've all used this flawed logic. It never makes sense in the light of day (nor, even when said out loud). This is why we're all here. We recognize our problems, and mostly, we know what should be done about them. In the light of day, and when said out loud. But, inside our heads is a different landscape, a different ecology, that exists neither in logic nor in sense. Its a complicated batte when your brain is your sabateur. But, you're ahead, you've looked for, and taken, help. So, we all fall down, its inevitable - habits die hard, as they say - but, instead of kicking yourself in the shins, endeavour to persevere. It hurts less.
                              Yah, I know Moderation; I pass it every day on my way to Excess.

Comment

Working...
                              X