Want to start program, but scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:welcome: There is nothing to be afraid or ashamed of. Be :h :lm that you found this site. *We* may just be wired differently than other people regarding our control, or lack thereof, over AL. Many of us just do not have an internal 'off switch'...I know I don't. Once I accepted that fact, staying AF was realtively easy.

Comment

We all were new here at one time. We all felt like you do. It's nothing new. I found that out when I joined here last week. There is nothing that you have gone thur are have done that hasn't been done or gone thru by the folks here.

Read and post. It will help you, I promise. It helped me. I am 9 days AF....going on 90 and 900. (I hope)
      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Welcome Hope and Scratch
        You have taken the first big step by coming here. It is tough at first, but, eventually, sobriety just becomes a way of life. You have been given great advice already: The book, vits, supps, exercise, the CD's, etc....You will find Your Way.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi Hope,

Welcome to MWO. (even if a day late). I felt the same way when I came to teh board and it has enabled me to completely open up and most importantly start bein honest with myself.

This is a great step towards your recovery and there is nothing to be afraid about. Your life will change for sure when you decide to kick the habit but you will find it changing towards the positive.

Is your husband prepared to do something about his drinking habits?! It might be difficult for you if he continues drinking and you should be aware of this. If he is not prepared to kick the habit you might want to consider inplementing certain rules?! Like no Alcohol in the house, etc!!

Anyways, good luck and keep posting. Glad to have you on board!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
          X