Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Night Cravings........

Evening all.

This is my first Friday in along long time AF. Its also day 7 of a 7 day commitment and I have my first real big cravings. Friday was end of week kick back, have a drink day. I've taken some l-glut and stuffed my face with popcorn (salty with a little maple syrup) and now I'm twiddling my thumbs. I'll hang around the boards for a while and then find something to do to distract myself. I don't think I will drink but just wanted to put on record how shocked I am that my cravings are so strong. How do you all deal with Friday nights? B.
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Distraction Betty, any way you can...If I am bad I will will watch intervention on you tube and think there but for the grace of god go I...hot baths, good books, films, walking, planning...all these help me if I am struggling...or simply hollering out for help here...that always makes me feel good.
    Stay strong.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey sweaty. Like starters, DISTRACTION very important for me, as well as determination and sheer bloody-mindedness. Fridays are historically my hugest trigger day too, not so much these days. Also, wind the clock forward to Saturday morning, and what you will NOT have to put up with from not drinking. Make a LIST of all the positives of not getting drunk tonight too. Wishing you all the very best - STAY ON MWO too, I find it a saviour in those hardest moments x
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Thank you all so much. It's weird, but I think there is a thought deep down somewhere that if I fail tonight I am confirming that I'm an addict. Maybe I've been in denial as I've had a fairly easy ride up to now, almost to the point of feeling guilty. Just thinking 'aloud'. Oney - I'm going to print your post and laminate it! That should provide some distraction for a while..........

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Betty,

good luck with Friday, just reading Oneys list is a distraction never mind the lamination,LOL, but what good source of info, Oney, I cant imagine you as the antichrist! Maybe the antichrists long lost far flung distant cousin twice removed etc. I think you have greater will power than Satan himself for trying to kick the fags as well, well done, you the woman!

Kapo, how's you? You sounded in the greatest of form when I saw one of your posts during the week, I had to almost cry when you mentioned your son having clean bedsheets and flowers for his Mum coming to visit. How sweet, you have rubbed off well on them.
          Live your life in such a way that
          when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
          Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Hi Betty,

Yeah, Fridays (and weekends in general) aren't easy. But as you continue on your path of sobriety it might get easier. I for instance am glad again for my weekends after a hard working week and can finally look forward to it as AL is not constantly on my mind anymore, but the first 3or 4 weeks were harder.
            Distraction is a great way indeed. Try and do a late Friday afternoon gym session. I wasn't able to read books in my first couple of days or even a week because I couldn't focus and rather went for a magazine with lots of pictures and easy liteterature.
            Otherwise, you can always hang around the computer and keep posting!!!

Have a great AF weekend everyone!!
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I'm retired so everyday is a Friday. So every day I'm tempted. Oney......I copied your post in case I need the info later (and I'm sure I will) Thanks
              RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Sweaty, here I am just waking up and having my morning coffee and there you are ending your day and grappling with friday nite cravings. I am sending you a bottle of some of my morning calmness and resolve! A few hours from now, you could send them back to me!

Thinking of you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Betty, well done for coming here and well done for not giving in! I'm totally rooting for you, girl!

Oney, awesome post... will have to copy/paste that.
                  How's the fag cravings today, oh big butted one? Getting a little easier, I hope? Ya know what tomorrow is for me? ONE MONTH no smokes! You'll be there soon, too... and it really does get easier!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Nope, are you kidding?
                    That ain't failure, that's using your TOOLS! Silly goose!
                    I'm getting off the chantix... really don't think I need it anymore. Only took 1/2 a pill(0.5 mg) yesterday and none today.

Betty, still hanging in there? PM me anytime... you'll get through this Friday night!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Betty,
                      Guess I was lucky as I used the week-ends to sober up alittle. I only had to worry about Mon through Fri.! By posting here it looks like you're already working on a plan to get through AF. Good for you.
                      I too use distraction to help me through the worst of a craving. Exercise for me is a good one. i either jump on the treadmill for awhile or even walk briskly around the house. Anything to get the blood flowing and those endorfen thingys going.

Oney-added your post to favorites until I get a new ink cartrige so I can print it out.
                      As far as the nicotine patch, your just doing what it takes to stay NF. No failure there.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Am just going to put my zero in and then go to bed. Made it through an AF Friday and couldn't have done it without the support here. Thank you .xxxx. B.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi, Today the snow is thick on the ground and to help me stick to an AF day I banned myself from going out. If I don't go shopping then I can't buy my bottle of wine . . . . I've also resolved to keep logging on and definitely a lot more often . . . . so nice to read all your posts Px
                          Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

One2many......A few ideas about cravings ! Ha! Damn that's the Magna Carta. Ha! LOL IAD. ( Sorry so late in ansewering. my damn key board is screwing up ! Ha! )
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                            X