Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

ODATERS!!

It's FRIDAY!!! What's your plan? What do you have lined up to dodge your triggers? Got someone to call before you stop at the store? Something to do during your witching hour? Got your big girl/boy pants? Go get 'em!

Have a great weekend. Be productive, be happy. :l
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

ODAT - Friday

Hi Greenie and all to come

I chauffer my daughter on Friday nights so that takes care of me. I also keep AF beer in the fridge in case I get an urge when I do get home 10.30ish. One of those is quite enough for me, pity its not the same with Al.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi, its my first Friday and its much harder than I thought it was going to be. I'm sticking around, my husband is making a curry and I'm determined. My plan going forward is simply not to drink on Fridays at all (I plan to mod) and break the TGIF AL Habit. B.
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

ODAT - Friday

I'm working on 10 days AF. As I mentioned in another thread. I'm driving my Mama home today. She lives about 30 minutes away. The drive takes me by two of my favorite liquor stores. I'm just gonna keep on driving driving driving.

That's my plan for today!!!! No rum in the house! I can't drink what isn't here!
        RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good morning Greenie and Rust and all to come -- Thanks for the inspiring opening of the thread. Nice morning here in Florida. Looking forward to an AF day. I hope that all the ODATimers meet their goals today. Cheers!
          Matt

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Day all ODATers
            Got my Friday and Saturday plans. Sunday still up in the air. There's always AA and I am trying to get to a meeting everyday. I went to two yesterday. Have to get bundled up and go take my car to the shop and Pray that it doesn't make me homeless. Gotta do my taxes, Ugh....fill out some forms for assistance, and follow up on some job leads. AA meeting tonight. Saturday with my sister and cousin. They know I'm a sick F__k, so never drink around me. They are a hoot. It should be a fun day. Probably AA Sat. Nite.Stay strong Gang. Sea=MWO Resident Nun.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Friday

I probably should stop posting here until I have TWO days in a row. I'm into this "every other day" pattern that I have to break.

Arise from the ashes of what appears to be my life. Pull myself up by me bootstraps, etc. etc. It's like I've had a secret motive to ruin my life. And I've been succeeding.

VERY stupid. I'm getting tired of being stupid! I just hope I'm not too late.

Moving on, hopefully in a forward direction!

You all sound good. You are inspiring. I need to inspire myself.
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hello everyone.
                Green, thank you for the inspiring post! It is good to have a plan, especially on the tough days.
                April, 10 days! Congrats! that is so great!
                Sea, your determination is really admirable and contagious. You are doing great! Be proud!
                Sweaty, Rust, Matt, great possitive posts. You sound so good! I want to be where you are.
                Savon, I am right where you are. Maybe someone here can give us some help on how to get past the cycle.
                Happy Friday everyone!
                I am going into Boston tomorrow todo some shopping and see blue man group then stay overnight with my husband. I am really looking forward to it!
                Have a great weekend!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi guys - except for a couple of beers on Wednesday night at a hockey game, I have had an AF week - definitely a drunk free week! I'm not worried about this weekend at all as my BF, daughter and I are going away as a family and I have my AF beer for the evenings at the hotel. During the day I am content with my diet coke.

Happy to be able to say 5 days in a row on Monday and counting.....

Here goes! Have a great weekend everyone.

Love and Hugs,
                  uni
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Work during the day, gym tonight, cleanup 'n stuff thereafter (with sparkling grape juice) ... horsing around at the stable tomorrow, and Sunday my honey is coming home!

Hah! No problem! And Monday will be 3 weeks... that's getting purdy close to 30 days, isn't it?

Happy Friday, everyone!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Happy Friday all! Look at all the snow in the UK! Wow. Here in the Northwest US we're back to normal now, a nice light rain and daffodils poking out of the ground.

I feel like Friday is less of a problem now. My system is to make a lot of plans for early Saturday morning, which then requires I be very prudent Friday night in order to be ready to do all I plan to do. Tomorrow will be a mix of chores, and then working on my rose garden (in the rain) which I enjoy doing.

Have a great day!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Morning ODATers!
                        It's been a few days since I've checked in...not too much to contribute I guess....the past two nights I have drank 4 beers which is good and bad...good because it's way less than normal and it wasn't due to a 'must have' craving...bad because I did it while talking on the phone (very emotional conversation) with the ex that wants to get back together. I realize I don't do well in relationships. I basically told him I have nothing to give anyone but my son right now...I want to work on me...and don't want the added stress and worry of working on a relationship right now. I dunno...he agreed to a 'friendship'...ugh...stresses me out...and again last night...his phone call of wanting to come see us and go ice fishing and go out for lunch...'just hang out for a bit'. I have to say though...I normally would have pounded the crap out of those beers and easliy got probably 10-12 down both nights...but the whole drinking slowly thinkg continues to work...about a beer an hour...never reaching even a 'buzzed' state. Still my goal was to stay with a 2 drink limit
                        Happy Friday to all!! My son and I are having a movie and pizza night and making chocolate chip cookies...just what this big 'ol butt needs
                        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                        7/29/12

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi everybody, Signing in a bit late today. Units have crept up again. ODAT today for me - just going to keep logging on and reading all your posts to get me through. Drinking lots of tea . . . . . lots and lots of snow here but it isn't too bad . . . .Px
                          Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Movies

Instead of sitting around the house, where the trigger is to pour and sip (no wine in the house, don't want to get tempted to buy any), hubby and I will hang out downtown and see a movie -- lots of popcorn there, no AL though! We made a deal not to stop at the store on the way home, but it will be too late anyway. I've figured out that if I can make it to 9 or 10 in the evening, I'm usually over it.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

checking in after work

Doing alright--totally skipped the after work retirement party and came here! However--I am eating like a cow (no offense Cowgal!) :H

Comment

Working...
                              X