kudzu and evening primrose interactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was researching possible bad interactions between the anti-depressants that I take and the supplements in this program. I came across info on drugdigest.org stating that taking kudzu and evening primrose together could have a bad interaction:

"EVENING PRIMROSE (in Evening Primrose) may interact with KUDZU (in Kudzu)

Both evening primrose and kudzu contain chemicals that may reduce the blood's ability to form clots. When taken together, they can increase the risk of dangerous bleeding. In general, evening primrose and kudzu should not be taken together. Individuals who take both may need more frequent blood tests to make sure that blood is clotting properly. Those who experience problems may need to stop taking evening primrose, kudzu, or both. You may want to ask your healthcare provider about this potential interaction if you think you are having problems."

Does anyone have further information on this and has this been addressed in other posts?
    April

Wow..this is a bit disturbing....I take all the supps in the program. Now what? Which one should I (we)?stop taking?

I haven't seen this posted before.....maybe R.J. could shed some light on this.
    :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Wooh Doggie

Aprilraina, I hope you get some feed back straight away. This does Not sound good. I have been trying or a couple of weeks off and on the find out abt. Kudzu and it's reactions with other meds. but I have found little info.

Jamms, I don't know but maybe your dr. could advise, How come you take all the meds in the program?

Me, I'm scared to take any meds., until I find out everything there is to know abt. them.

RJ, you out there HELP! AND ANYONE ELSE WHO CAN ASSIST WITH INFO.

Comment

I have not started the program at all yet. I am very hopeful though. I ordered the book and the "starter kit" w/ the supplements and cds. I am going to ask my psychiatrist about the topamax on thursday. If he's not for it, I guess I'll order it online. I take Wellbutrin and Prozac. I would LOVE to wean myself off the prozac considering I found an adverse reaction to those two drugs as well on the website I mentioned earlier. I have been on both for over 10 years.

In regards to the supplements, I guess I'll hold off on taking the kudzu and evening primrose until I get further info on both. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Polaryzed-
          I take all the supplements ..not all the meds.... the only meds I take are the topa and my lexapro

I take excactly what the program suggest....and I must say that the evening primerose is wonderful I'm thinking that I may stop the kudzu everday and only take it if/when cravings are bad. I really love the evening prime rose.... it helps a lot with mood and anxiety...the L-glut is very good for cravings to..I take that also..

April-the topa works great... I personally have not gone over 50mgs yet....as I don't feel the need to,...have you read the book....if you haven't you should....it's best to be aware of the topa side effects so you don't get scared by them..they do go away.....If you get any more info regarding the kudzu pleae post it....
          :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Working...
          X