X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed

sooooo need to stop drinking - first night 2nyt

Help needed

Hi sweety. You can do it! I'm here and in the same boat. I've found how amazingly happy i am without drink and how depressed i am when i do drink. Lets do it together.

Comment

Help needed

The first week or so is not easy, MissC... but you will appreciate the clear and guilt free mornings! And, it does get easier with time! Hang in there.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Help needed

Yes, Miss C.

I'm a wino too. Just fed up with it. I'm on Day 4. It is a journey, but you have to start somewhere. Like Sunshine says, I found out that I love waking up feeling good with no guilt. It's hard to around the bewitching hour 5pm-7pm, but when I make it through that, it is not so bad. I've been having wild dreams though lately. I guess when I would pass out before, there were really no dreams to remember. We can do it.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Help needed

Mr Wino here. I have tried on and off to stop drinking, without success for more than a month or so. Have recently found AA, which has helped me, and am on day 10. I really dont want to drink, rather than know i have to stop. Life is so much better being seperated from Mrs Sauv Blanc.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Help needed

Another wino here too! I've been off the wine for quite some time. It's like an old flame that stalks you though. You have to have your guard up for quite some time as it is always searching you out looking to steal you self worth and dignity. I have a photo that someone took of me sloshed.....it is completely embarassing. Therefore, I keep it w/ me at all times. Anytime I hear that "voice", I look at that picture and realize I would never want anyone to see me like that again......I've planted a lilly bulb in each one of my wine glasses and they are starting to come up now. It shows me how much I'm growing too!
            AF since 2/4/10
            Nicotine free since 3/31/10
            FINALLY FREE

Comment

Help needed

What a great idea with the picture and a lovely thought with the flowers!

shirazgirl;544782 wrote: Another wino here too! I've been off the wine for quite some time. It's like an old flame that stalks you though. You have to have your guard up for quite some time as it is always searching you out looking to steal you self worth and dignity. I have a photo that someone took of me sloshed.....it is completely embarassing. Therefore, I keep it w/ me at all times. Anytime I hear that "voice", I look at that picture and realize I would never want anyone to see me like that again......I've planted a lilly bulb in each one of my wine glasses and they are starting to come up now. It shows me how much I'm growing too!
              "If it is to be, it is up to me" -R Stayer
              "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin

Comment

Help needed

A great idea with the flowers.
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Help needed

not really sure how this site works yet - never been on a forum before

Comment

Help needed

Hi Miss C

I understand completely. The people on this site are so nice and encouraging and non-judgemental. Keep reading here and you will be encouraged and strengthened. I wish you the best of luck in your struggle against the nasty vino.:welcome:

Sincerely,

Mrs. Swino
                    Mrs. Swino
                    AF since 2/9/2009!!
                    Working toward 90 day goal!
                    Then I don't know..
                    and then I'll hate wine...Ya, that's the ticket...

Comment

Help needed

Miss Chardonay,

This was my first forum, too. Just stick with it, and us, and you'll be fine here. Good luck tonight. I hope you're feeling okay. Chardonnay is my downfall, too.

Be
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Help needed

MissC--you can do this. But no one said it would be easy at first. You will have good days and bad days and sad days. Whatever, people here will be your rock. Listen. Learn. Share. Do the program.

Shiraz--the last time my husband said "You should have seen yourself" I told him to take a picture of me--God knows I could be a YouTube fave. I hope it never happens, but if I ever get drunk again he is under orders to take photos and videotape.

By the way--all these pictures of "real" people and not avatars..how did you all get so pretty?

Comment

Help needed

I just signed up today to deal with the same problem. I'm going to spend the rest of the day and evening on this website to reinforce my resolve to improve my life, asap.
                          Hope you are well.
                          Lavande
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Help needed

Lavande

Welcome, Lavande!

Why don't you start your own thread - you will get lots of responses and will be able to tell us a little more about yourself (if you're comfortable to do so, that is).

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Help needed

HI Lavande! :welcome:

I agree with Sunshine to start your new thread! You're smart to read through this forum. There are so many wise and helpful people here. We're here for you, too.

Take care, :l
                              Becoming
                              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                              X