Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

role reversal - really made me think

hi there,

i just wanted to tell this little story as it really made me realise what alcohol can do to wonderful lovely people...

saturday night i worked the late shift at work, i got home to find my boyfriend slumped on the kitchen floor - he'd been out on a stag do and had been drinking heavily all day. i woke him up as i figured he would wake up in agony if he slept all night on the cold hard floor. i roused him and i immediatley wished i hadn't - he was REALLY gone and he just started bawling and shouting calling me all the names under the sun (fat, bitch, stupid, ugly) i could see in his eyes he was just not my boyfriend any more he was in what i call "the black out phase" when you say and d othings that make no sense and that you dont mean. he rampaged round the kitchen banging and shouting (though he was never once violent towards me) and continued a torrent of abuse towards me - shouting "look at me i'm shelley" and was smashing up pots , he smashed the vase full of the roses he got me for valentines on the floor (this is the sort of behaviour i have displayed in the past so it was his way of having a go) the words he used were so nasty and he was a completey different person saying he hated me and to get out of the house. eventually he went upstairs to bed still shouting until he passed out and i went to sleep on the sofa.

wow - i was on the other side for once and it really, really hurt. now ive seen what it can be like for myself it makes me more determined. he does ot remember the incident and of course i have forgiven him for it, i'm not saying his behaviour was right and it was totally unacceptable. he has NEVER behaved like this before and is a wonderful loving boyfriend who i have been with for 5 years.

it made me realise what the evil drink can do to a person and its frightening

Was he your drinking buddy in the past? Does he know you are trying to handle your alcohol now? Maybe he is scared that you will change and he will lose you? If he has never done that in the past, it might be from fear. I'm not saying his abusive actions are acceptable, but fear makes us do crazy things. Just a thought.

Bright

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

hi bright,

we were drinking buddies but not for a while as i always take it a step too far... i genuinely believe this incident was just down to him having far too much and losing control. but your right.. it is a thought to bear in mind, i'll keep my eye on it xx

Comment

Been there OH Ya

Definitly been where U R, only he didn't call me names, instead he accused me a flirting with his friends and a couple of time became abusive but didn't remember.

More to the point, I learned to "Let Sleeping Dogs Lye". If he passed out from drinking I left him where he was sleeping. Oh and never try to take the remote from a guy who is sleeping (after drinking), instead just press the manual mute button on the TV.

I haven't thought about this for years. You see he quit drinking and I started. Now I'm here to find My Way Out.

Good points BriteLite, be watchfull and keep up the Good Fight against AL.

Comment

I am not an ugly drunk, but I do stupid stuff. I would never want to see my husband drunk and acting stupid like me. Oh and I'm glad he never videoed me drunk. That would be sad to see.

I hope your husband is feeling better today.
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

hi shelly,wowwww,he will remember eventualy,or maybe he does,id wait and see what becomes of it,obviously you care for him,i did the same to my wife,not calling her names but ,threatning her,im not a violent person,but i do beleive Al brings out the animal in us,joking aside,lile the incredible hulk.without the gamma rays,be desceet ask if he had a good time the other nt,if he cares for ya he ll tell you,if he remebers gyco

Comment

Working...
            X