Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here

Hi-
    I am new to the site and am interested in getting help to drink in moderation. I currently drink almost every day - anywhere from one to 5 glasses of (mostly) wine. I fear I would drink much more if it were not for my partner who would love nothing more than to have me control my drinking.

I can be "good" for short periods of time: days, weeks, even months - but it is hard. I am interested in having the support and wisdom of others. It would be nice just to have someone to talk to without feeling ashamed.

Thanks in advance!

I'm new here

You have come to the right place. There are so many people here who are happy to hear from you and have lots of their own experiences to share. Work the site and read and post a lot. As for me, I first tried to mod for years and kept getting drunk instead. Finally, I had to realize that there was no such thing for me as 1 or 2 drinks. All I wanted was more. So finally I decided I have to quit completely. Moderation may or may not be possible for you. But you have lots of friends here -- both moderators and abstainers. Looking forward to communicating with you here and good luck!
    Matt

Comment

I'm new here

Hi Arendj,

Welcome! A good place to start is the MWO book, which you can download as a PDF for about $13, and then you'll have it immediately. Read lots of posts, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

One thing I wanted to point out to you, though -- you may want to change your screen name from your email address. You can keep things more private for yourself that way, and all who browse through here (there are over 8000 members, not to mention guests who read the site) do not have access to your personal email.

This is a great place, and glad you are seeking answers.

Comment

I'm new here

Glad you found us, :welcome:

Climb aboard. You will find so many loving souls here. Just keep reading and fighting.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I'm new here

:welcome: Read and post here. That was the advice I got when I was first here. It has helped.
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

I'm new here

Hello and Welcome
            You have already be given great advice. The only thing that I can add is that you might want to check out the Toolbox Thread in Monthly Abs. Best wishes to you.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I'm new here

:colorwelcome::cheering::cheering::cheering: let us be your cheerleaders to help you reach your goals.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
              X