Needing support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing support

I have not checked in since November when I started drinking wine again. I had made it 3 months AF and it just took that one slip. I can't have just one. I had too many last night and apparently said mean things to my little boy. I am at work and feel terrible physically and mentally. I intend on making today day one on a forever journey of AF.
    Help

Needing support

Welcome back HW
    You have done 3 months before, and you can do it again. Sometimes we just need to do a little more research. As long as we learn from our negative experiences and move on. Let me know if I can be of help.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Needing support

Hi HW. I think that is very common to realise we cannot just have the one drink. Its so sad that sometimes it takes something awful to make us realise that.
      I am glad you are back, it will help I'm sure.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Needing support

Hi HW,

Welcome back! I've said mean things to my son in the past, too. He's now 17 and I've talked with him about my "getting healthier". He's my biggest supporter.

Children are very resiliant. They just want our love. Apologize to him and stay with us. We're here for you. Please stay healthy for your son, your family. That's a big motivation for me.

I'm a wine drinker, too. Feel free to PM me any time.

Take care, you'll be fine, I promise. You wouldn't be back if you weren't a great mom.
        Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Needing support

thank you so much for responding, I needed to reconnect. I will be here every day! It is nice to have friends who understand.
          Be, I will p m you I need to see if I remember how.
          HW

Comment

Needing support

I'm here, buddy! I'm packing for a business trip and will be on and off all day but I'm here. I'll have laptops on the trip, too, and am going to be on here.

Be
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Needing support

We are in this together. AL is way to strong to try and beat him alone but with the power of the pack will doooo him in, for sure. You can do this and we can help.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Needing support

Thank you all, I am so glad to be back. I just talked to my hubby and told him no need to be angry with me I am doing that just fine on my own. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.
                HW

Comment

Needing support

Hi Help - I like wine way too much myself. It is tricky and can get you, don't be too hard on yourself :no:! If you quit once you can quick again and you probably won't have to have any withdrawals this time! So that's another good reason to jump right back on the wagon. You can do it!! :thumbs:

P.S. We've all said mean things to our kids at one time or another, he'll forgive you. :l
                  Mrs. Swino
                  AF since 2/9/2009!!
                  Working toward 90 day goal!
                  Then I don't know..
                  and then I'll hate wine...Ya, that's the ticket...

Comment

Needing support

thanks Mrs. Swino...I did not have withdrawls last time. I never had. I did use the Topomax last time but am going to try without this time as I did not like how it made me feel. I am a bottle of Pino Grigio a night 5 times a week. But not tonight...hopefully never again.

Comment

Needing support

Hi Helpwanted08 - I'm new here too and your tale sounds too familiar to me! I'm finding this site great - lots of feel good vibes letting us know where all in this together and helping each other out in any way way we can. I'm not sure what my plan of action is yet - just need a break from booze for the foreseeable future - good luck. I love my kids more than anything else in the world and have said and done many things I regret- nobody's perfect. I just try and do better all the time the best ways that I can. Like Be said - you are a great Mum 'cos you do care and are trying to sort this thing out. There are so many parents out there that wouldn't have an ounce of regret - so chin up - and well done. x

Comment

Needing support

Your story is familiar - like you I have given up for a year/s, month/s but always go back but now I want a significant time free again. Good luck to you all. This site will help. Px
                        Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Needing support

I think I have played at it from time to time. Getting sober and went mental on a binge this week. This site does help. I was never into forums until I searched for and answer. My son recorded me when I was drunk on his phone and I felt so ashamed, then got drunk again!!!! We can do it. Alcohol is the enemy, but united we stand..... Good luck.....

Comment

Needing support

Helpwanted,

I know your pain. I don't have children, but I do understand how you feel about being AF for months and then slip and have that one drink. I know I can't have "MY RUM" in the house. If it's here I will tell myself I can have one drink. NO I CAN"T!!!!!! That one drink leads to months of drinking for me.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey to be AF!
                            RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Needing support

HW
                              I know how you feel. I've been around these posts for over two years. Given up a few times, and then just the once - and you're hooked all over again. I don't want to live like this, so why do we do it? At the moment i'm committed, and I want to stay that way. Reading and checking here does help. I too intend logging in every single day to get through this once and for all. I split red wine on my son's carpet last week - pretended it was coffee and believe it or not I GOT AWAY WITH IT!! - I can't count on my luck for much longer. I can't believe I even lied to my son. It's awful. I was drinking around 3 bottles of wine a week, sometimes more, but often secretly. Tylyr

Comment

Working...
                              X