ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thursday

I've read all the posts. It's hard isn't it? But today is a new day and like many I'm struggling but the important thing is never to give up. Today is an AF day for me. This site gives me hope and strength. Px
    Short term goal 7 days AF

ODAT - Thursday

I too am struggling. Back to day 2 again. I think to try and be still/quiet and eat small but regular meals helps. Already, I can feel that demon in the back of my mind tempting me to go over to the shop and get the bottle of wine. I am on here to gain support and it really does help. To give just an hour of my time to read and re-read and respond to posts. Like on-line therapy.... It really is an amazing curse, what shocks me is the power it seems to have over us. I just cannot understand it. Good luck.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

It is so true that this forum helps us! I know that I am so much better since I have been here.
      I is a nasty curse, but, we can beat it! Put it on the floor and Stomp on it! Shove it in a pillow and punch it.....Leave it outside and slam the door on it! Hang strong Kids!
      Have a happy day everyone!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

hi pat , mad,and blanch yes it is a nasty memisis,this is a great place to start,talking of it is the 1st release,have a wonder day gyco

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

I love this website and the new friends I have met.

Day 23 AF for me. I am not bragging because I have had lots of time w/o Rum. This time I'm serious!!!!
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

hey Odatr's.

Been incredibly busy at work for a couple of weeks now and havn't been able to check in much. I think last week Friday was the last time.
            I hope you are all doing wonderfully. For those of you who are struggling keep fighting. it's all worth the effort in the end.
            On day 71 now so no, the reason i've been so quie it not that i've been on a binge. I'm still coping well. (though temptations still seem to be lurking everywhere and the cravings are there on occasions).
            So for some inspiration today, it was unthinkable that I could ever been AF for such a long time and yet I managed. So if I can so can you. So don't give up! keep fighing it one day at a time!!
            cheers,

Johnny!
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

ODATERS!!!

I don't have a thing to say this morning. So, keep working your plan and keep strong - you CAN do it!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi Maddiva, Blanchiebo, Gyco, Aprilmoon, Johnnhy, I truly hope that the key is to keep on fighting - I seem to be following a sort of pattern five night on two nights off - and it's usually feeling awful in the morning that stimulates the two nights off - I wish I didn't have to be forced into the break - I wish I could just be sensible. There's a great thread I've been reading about how good you feel when you are AF - it is so true - in fact everything that we say on here is true both about how bad we feel when we drink and how good we feel when we don't. Good luck to you all - it's a hell of a struggle but at least we've got this site to help - and it truly does. See Friday's ODAT thread has already been started but here in England its only 1pm! Take care all. Px

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Good Morning ODATimers -- Yes, beating AL is very tough but in the end when we succeed it is more than worth all the struggle. Johnny, you are doing great, rock on!!! And April, you are a star!! Pat and Mad, go for the gold, success is ahead, believe me. Worth the fight. Have a wonderful day and I hope we all achieve our AL goals. Ban the Beast!!
                  Matt

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Matten, Thanks.

Px

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Good Day ODATers
                      My poor doggie was very sick last night, so I stayed home with her. We had another snowstorm. It is still snowing, but we are only getting a few inches. I would like to get to an AA meeting tonight. I will have to see if my daughter will stay with the dog while I go; otherwise I will have to take her back to the EX. I don't want to do that if she is still not well. Hope you all have a great day and meet your goals. Great to see you Johnny and Way to Go!!
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

What's up Matt? Are me and Green chopped liver? Psha! lololol! Don't worry Greenie, i love ya!
                        Johnny and April, Wow! You give me hope.....
                        Matt, you do too....!!!:whee:
                        Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

I have been feeling SO hopeless. I think I've had ONE AF day in the last week... Thing is, I remember that day - it felt good to be sober... yet I go back to drinking. WHY?

In my (weak?) defense, I have been through more emotional junk in the last week or so (having been Dumped by guy!!). I know drinking doesn't help, but it "seems" to??

I guess it's really a combination of things. I just don't want to FEEL.

I know I'm being a Baby. But I don't seem to care... Whatever makes me feel better in THIS moment seems to be the only way for me right now. I know this is temporary. I know I can quit, since I've done it before for as long as a month...

Is anyone else relating to any of this BS?
                          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Savvy, no not relating in the present tense. But yeah, everybody here klnows about numbing feelings. Ready for the bad news? When you're done, the feelings will be there waiting. And I'm sure you know by now what a depressant AL is so the longer you wait, the worse you're gonna feel. since you felt good that sober day, maybe if you did it some more you'd feel good enough to allow yourself to work through the ending of this relationship and move on to better things. You deserve better things - dump AL and set yourself free!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Greeneyes - You are so right - thought I'd better log on quick - it's getting towards tea-time and I'm beginning to feel better and just briefly the thought of wine crossed my mind - hang on in there everybody . . . . . I'm off to read more posts to help me . . . . . . Px

Comment

Working...
                              X