having surgery and have question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, I am still trying to get it right. tried to modify,but that isn't a good choice for me. I will never stop trying, but have a question.I am having surgery today.I am scared , as I don't want to drink b/f I go in,but I am SO nervous.I am trying not to give in to the cravings,(it is in and out surgery),but I don't want to get jittery and nervous ......which tends to happen when I am craving. Any advise as to handeling this? I know after surgery,I can't drink,so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. I am honest about everything and will take advise even if it is constructive critisizm.I know I will GET THROUGH my problem one way or another.......THANKS to all you great people here.I will check back really soon,as I don't have much time. Thanks in advance falinA:thanks:

Hey, FA, drinking would be the worst possible thing you can do if you are having anaesthetic.
    Try to focus on your breathing to calm you down, force yourself to breath deeply and calmly, keep on doing it until you feel better, and repeat as necessary.
    Whatever you do, do NOT drink.
    Take care....
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I agree with Starts
      Depending on the type of anesthesia you are having, drinking could be deadly. I do not believe that you can have anything by mouth before most procedures. I'm sure that the doc will give you something to relax. Please try not to drink. If you do, you should be honest with the surgeon. I will pray for you.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Don't put alcohol in your body before surgery ...Not a good idea. PM me if you wanta talk privately.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Maybe you could call and ask them to prescribe something for your nerves. Alcohol thins your blood so that's not good and you can't have anything for 12 hours I think before surgery. I had a small glass of water about 4 hours before a minor procedure and they still put a tube into my stomach as a precaution. If you don't make it, be sure to be honest. And they will ask you what you drank.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

id talk to your doctor or they mt talk to you about your habits b4 you go under,i no they ask if you smoke or not,if you have withdrawl symtoms when your under it could be a nasty a situation gyco

Comment

How about a nice, hot bath and listen to some soft music...?

Good luck with the surgery.
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Try not to drink alcohol you will be very sick with anaesthetic if you do or worse!!! just listen to some music and sing really loud if necessary. If you drink, cancel your appointment. Good luck......:h

Comment

Working...
                X