Was is this rough last time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I am walking around at work, I wonder how many people are feeling what I am right now. I know I am not the only one that has just come off a 7 month bender.

I wish we could recognize each other and give one another a much needed hug. (Can you tell I?m down?)

I know I need to stop NOW. I want to be a good mother, a good wife, a good daughter, a good sister, a good friend, and I can?t do any of that when AL is such a big part of my life.

I wish I could run away from AL. It would be so much easier. But I realize that I must stand up and look AL in its ugly damn face and fight for ME and the life I want to have.

I am glad to be back on MWO. I hope I can hang on this time.
    sigpic

Oh Yeah, We have all felt the way you feel right now. You are not alone and you know what you need to do. One day at a time becuae it gets better every day!
    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Someone told me in chat last night, to look myself in the mirror, and tell myself : you are worth it to get sober. I did that this morning instead of looking in the mirror and calling myself a drunk. I think one day I might actually believe it.
      sigpic

Comment

When you asked if it was this rough last time, it reminded me that when I tried to quit over several months, it seemed like subsequent tries got rougher each time -- almost like my body was reacting more strongly than the time before. I finally decided I'd had enough of screwing around with my body's balance, whatever that was with all of the stopping and starting I was doing. Like so many people on here have said, it got a lot easier with more and more time AF.

I've also looked around my workplace sometimes, wondering if anyone else was going through anything similar. It's good to have someone to talk to, in real time. I've never been to AA meetings but have heard several people say that they helped for that reason. I hope you'll keep coming here.

Comment

Working...
        X