I can't do this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't do this.

I don?t know if I can do this. My body is shaking, my head is throbbing, I keep breaking out into cold sweats. I know a drink would make all of that disappear.
    sigpic

I can't do this.

A drink will delay it. Try to get through this. Distract yourself. What about a nice warm bubblebath. some decaf tea. Some soup. Are you eating small protions of good food often? Drinking lots of water? Can you go for a walk? I'll get better. Try, try, try not to drink.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I can't do this.

Down - Please don't drink now. Somebody with more experience with withdrawal symptoms will post soon. Hang in there. I had stomach ache and head ache and that was really shitty, I'm glad that's over. I drank herbal tea and cried for a few days and then I was fine, that's the only experience I have. Have you posted on the "Need help ASAP thread?". Are you taking any medications to help with withdrawals and cravings? Do you think you need medical assistance or just need some moral support? Sorry, I'm not an expert, but I don't want to read your post and not reply. I'm praying for you!
      Mrs. Swino
      AF since 2/9/2009!!
      Working toward 90 day goal!
      Then I don't know..
      and then I'll hate wine...Ya, that's the ticket...

Comment

I can't do this.

I know it is easy to say for someone who is not going throught it and it does sound like you are suffering, but as green eyes says, you have started and to drink now will only delay this again. Some practical ideas are also mentioned. Can you talk it through with anyone, surf the net, chat on here, anything.....dont give up now......you can DO IT.

X Moo X
        "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
        but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

I can't do this.

Greenie is right......if you are anything like I was...i was SICK daily from drinking and would drink to cover that up, but ultimately....someday we gotta sober up. You can NOT go through life drunk. This will pass and at the end of it is LIFE AND WELLNESS!!!!!!! The physical suffering ends. Don't drink...YOU CAN DO THIS...YOU CAN!!!! Read here.....it helps get you through this pain right now. My last hangover I was sick for 5 days.......each day you feel alittle better than the day before. Take sips....of some broth, some water...whatever you can. We are here...LEAN!
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I can't do this.

I can talk it out with my fianc?, but he’s going through the same thing, it’s hard to get support from some who feels just as shitty.

I have tried taking some Kudzu, but it’s not helping. I drank a ton of water today, but nothing is helping. I have taken a walk but I feel so weak all over. I can’t eat.

OH God! I really don’t think I can do this.
            sigpic

Comment

I can't do this.

Try some soup or broth. Try a piece of toast just to give your body something. A soak in the tub really will help you.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I can't do this.

down2,
                How are you doing?
                Keep posting, keep distracting your mind.
                How much were you drinking before stopping? Enough that you may need a medical detox in the hospital?
                Like others have said drinking today will only delay feeling like this until the next time.
                How long Alcohol Free (AF) are you?
                Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

I can't do this.

Down2,

I know exactly what you are going through I've done it to myself many times in the last 6 weeks where I went on drinking binges for weeks at a time and then decided to quit drinking. They don't last forever, after about 24 hours the worse is over and you will feel tired. My suggestion is take a warm shower and find some Melatonin (all natural sleep aid) and sleep it out. The shakes are the worse, try eating some carbs and then follow up with protein. Hot tea helped me alot. Take a 15 minutes stroll even if it's cold outside.

Just hang in there, once it's over you will remember why it is you don't want to drink, because this will happen everytime you stop.

You can do it. I did and it was rough, but keep posting.
                  Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it!

:beach:

Comment

I can't do this.

I was drinking a lot before. Not enough to need detox, I don't think. I have only been AF since I woke up this morning. I felt horrible and immediately started shaking. I hate this feeling.
                    sigpic

Comment

I can't do this.

down2
                      Glad to hear you don't need medical detox.
                      Although your body IS detoxing...hence the shakes, etc. Your brain, your body is craving the alcohol and sugar right now.
                      Try to have a weak tea with some sugar...some toast and a light broth.
                      Hydrate...water water water...did I meantion water?
                      Also some warm water with half a real lemon squeezed in it...a few of those to help your liver purge the toxins.
                      L-Glut will help with carb/surgar/alcohol cravings.
                      Melatonin will help you sleep.
                      Milk Thistle will help your liver heal.
                      All the above are available and not terribly expensivre at your local pharmacy.
                      Get lots of rest, and be gentle with yourself.
                      What are your goals?
                      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

I can't do this.

just do your best d2e drink some hot tea coffee and try to eat some bread , cake something sweet .. come to chat and lets do this together
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I can't do this.

D2E. Fruit. Eat a piece of fruit, slowly. And lots of water. You should start to feel better soon.
                          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                          AF May 23 09 to July 09
                          AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

I can't do this.

One thing that helps is get some sleep! Do you have any melatonin? Sometimes just getting a few hours of deep sleep, however sweaty and twitchy, gives you just a bit of an edge the next day. I take 1.5 mg before bed though I understand that's a small dose.

Hang in there! Stretch out your hands to us; mine will be the cold, sweaty, shaky ones!

crazy

Comment

I can't do this.

Just hang in there. Hot tea and honey helped me. But mostly posting here and having people tell me it would pass and it would get better. And it does get better.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X