Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT (One day at a time) Tuesday

Hi everyone

Have a busy morning ahead so just thought I would check in before I went. ODAT has become so much a part of my morning routine. Everyone is welcome here Sweaty Betty. We are all individuals with our own goals. None of the "if you are not completely AF post somewhere else" that goes on with other threads. We are here to support one another, taking it ODAT.

Thanks Greenie, I really admire you and you are right I WILL be, not just plan to be AF during lent. That's just the sort of positive re-inforcement I need. Even though I have a busy day ahead I am starting it hangover free and thats a lot to be thankful for.

Catch you all later.

Rustop

Hi Rustop
    I'm hoping to make ODAT part of my morning routine too. Did it yesterday, only Day 1 I know, not a lot, but you have to start somewhere!

Glad you are hangover free - me too, though feeling a little fuzzy headed because I slept badly.

Hope you have a good day

LO

Comment

Morning Rustop and Lonely - can I join you this morning? Day one again for me and a little fuzzy. But I loved being AF for five days and intend to start again today. ODAT - have a great day.
      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Good Day all ODATers
        Another exciting day in the life of the unemployed. I have an appointment this morning for Fuel assistance, then follow up on some job leads. AA meeting tonight. Hope everyone has a great day. Stay strong.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Whoever said it would get harder the closer to 30 days I got was right. No I didn't drink, but I would have if I had any rum in the house. Maybe I wouldn't. I don't know. I just know that I was quite all day and my husband asked me about it. He said you look mad or sad. I told him I just didn't feel good. The truth was inside my head I was battleing the little monster inside who wanted rum.
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Hi all. Hang in there April. You gotta be lookin' gooood for that moon!
            Have a great day folk's.............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning ODATers -- Wonderful that you are all here and yes, it is one day at a time. Waking without a hangover is somehow worth all the struggle of the previous day, fighting the monster AL. I pray that I NEVER have another drink, but that too is just ODAT. Hope you all have a wonderful day and achieve all your goals. Sea, good luck on the interview :l.
              Matt

Comment

Hi guys,

Just checking in quickly as I have to run out the door to work. Goal is for today to be AF. Taking it one step at a time.

Hope everyone has a great day!
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Hey rusty! Absolutely everyone is welcome here! Thanks for that! Isn't it great not having a hangover?

LO, we all start/started at day 1. Every single one of us! Congratulations!

Snappy, nice to hear from you!

Sea, keep it up. You sound like you're on a roll, Good luck with the appt and the interviews.

April, you're an inspiration to us all!

Hey G and Matt!

Finally got a good night's sleep. Our plane was cancelled in JFK due to a malfunction so the airline put us up for the night in a not-so-clean room. Ugh. Got in about 26 hours later than expected. Double ugh. But, it's nice to be home, be in our own bed and to see our dogs and cat again!

I'm behind with work so off I go. I hope we all meet our goals and feel even better tomorrow!

Take care,
                  Be
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Cross-posted, uni. Today's a great day to be AF!
                    Be

Comment

ODATERS!!!

Welcome lonely & snap! Hi greg! Morning rustop, april, matt & sea! Nice little crowd here early. Got my tax meeting over with. Sure was easier with a clear head this year. As is everything come to think of it. All the more reason to keep it that way!

Keep fightin' the good fight!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello all. Thanks Rust. Will make this thread part of my plan. B.x
                        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

hello everyone
                          i usually read the thread but don't post much. i will make it part of my daily plan as well.
                          :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                          ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

That's great, Sweaty and 1 more!

Take care,
                            Be

Comment

OK - I've gone from Every day... to every OTHER day. Is that even progress?

I probably shouldn't post here until I put at least a few days together...

I got a little emotional about something this morning, leading me to pouring a drink. WTH? I'm beginning to feel like such a Wimp. Any little blip on the emotional radar and I cave.

I'm being honest. Which isn't that easy - what I just said was embarrassing to admit.

I know I CAN "not drink" for (really) however long I choose to... It's just getting to the point where I choose to that's problematic, I guess. OK, that was a convoluted way of saying - I still want to drink.

I admire all of your progress, however.
                              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
                              X