DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

cAN i JUST COME ON HERE AND SAY I HAVE DONE 1 DAY THEN 2 AND SO ON AND SO FORTH. I DID 3 AND FALTERED. BUT I AM DETERMINED TO DEAL WITH MY FOE. I NEVER WANTED TO COME HERE UNTIL I DID 28 DAYS. JUST PERSONAL TO ME, BUT I REALIZE THAT I NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET ENCOURAGEMENT AND NEED PEOPLE TO BE WITH ME ON THIS JOURNEY. CAN I DO THAT??

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Good idea, and yes, you can.

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Whether you choose to believe it or not WIP you are like my little angel in the world of darkness, and actually my world is not dark it is just this bloody damned drink/alcohol. Thanks for that, maybe it will serve me as an online diary and then one day I can check the milestones and can be an inspiration to others as you have been to me. Guess who has got a buddha coming? Me. But I want one that is not mass manufactured and one that has spirituality encased in it. Not sure this one will have. But still I do like the Buddhist philosophy. Much love to you WIP. You are so amazing in your strength and I do believe it, so don't say one word.....:h

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Mad,

Why try to do this alone when there is so much support here? Glad to see you back.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Hi

I actually think this is an excellent idea. As a new member currently on day 3, seeking to be AF for lent then maybe mod. I think I might do a similar thing, mainly at the moment so that I can chart my progress/downfalls/whatever happens a record of events. As you say like an online diary. This site is fantastic anywa, but new ways of using it and it helping you, me everyone are fab.

So again well done...good idea. I look forward to charting your progress......GREAT GOOD LUCK TO YOU
          "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
          but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

LILMEA LOVE THE GINGER CAT MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITES, DO YOU KNOW THAT IN ENGLAND THEY ARE QUITE RARE. I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE ONE AND HIS NAME WAS BENJAMIN, RAISED FROM A DAY OLD AND HE DIED AT 11 MONTHS OLD ON THE ROAD. VERY, VERY SAD.... I TAKE NOTE OF WHAT YOU SAY AND WILL NOT COS I CANNOT DO IT ALONE....

MOODERATOR, I LAUGH COS I THINK YOU ARE CHEEKY DOING THAT NAME, BUT LIKE YOUR STYLE. JOIN ME IN THIS, COS I AM SO AT A LOSS HOW I AM GOING TO GET THROUGH THIS. I OFTEN THINK IF I CONTINUALLY HAVE TO BE PISSED I WOULD RATHER BE DEAD AND THAT IS HOW I FEEL, WITHOUT DEPRESSION, BUT IT HAS FLOORED ME AND IT IS EVIL. WHAT I WANT IS TO BE FIT, PROACTIVE AND SOBER. SO JOIN ME IN OUR CRUSADE. THEY ARE SPECIAL ON HERE. WE HAVE FRIENDS AND FOR THE FIRST TIME I FEEL IT, OK, CYBER FRIENDS, BUT WE HAVE IT. NON WOULD SEE HARM COME TO ANY OF US, COS THEY ARE KIND, HOW GOOD DOES THAT FEEL.

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Maddy, I think its a good idea for you to check in each day. Good to see you back!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Maddiva, I check in every day and it helps me. I suggest you do it too.
                RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

WELL MADDIVA we will get through this and i hope we can be support to each other. I am not sure what your story is yet, will try and look at some of your other posts....for me, its more a need to stop the saturday binge urge, which is the reason I hope i can moderate (or moooooderate) at a later stage. But for now I know AF is the way forward. I have already trained myself to limit intake to once a week, but this has lead to me having too much when the lid comes off.

I am using this site a lot at the moment and trying to stay focussed on the issue all week instead of slowly forgetting throughout the week how bad the last hangover felt and then justifying why I deserve a bottle of wine (or more). This is why i really like your idea.

I hope you will post often. tell whats going on for you and how you are doing, I have a feeling it is going to be the difference between success and failure for me and YOU TOO.

PM me if you would like to.

MOOOOO
                  "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                  but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

hi mad you dont have to explain,or feel bad,many of us have been where you are,it is not easy,we use to have a radio guy,his show was called one mans opinion,i couldn't beleive how people could get so angry at him,i new him personally,dam it was his opinion.we all find a way to deal with this so called AL thing,or even drug thing,my dear what ever works,and i will say it,some here have a hard approach,but try to remember ,they've probably been where you are.i have gyco

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Dreams Diary

Hi Maddi, I like what you said about tracking what you say, like in a diary.

In fact, I started one years ago, and wrote off and on over time, recently I went back and found some painfully honest remarks that I had written. All the crappy stuff from childhood but within those pages I also found some Good Stuff about me and that is in part how I found MWO (the forum). Searching for answers . . . and glad to be here.

I have read some of your positive and proactive threads to members and your words lifted me up as I'm sure they have done for many others.

Keep and Stay Strong, my intuition tells me that you are a very Powerful person in so many Positive ways.

God Bless :l

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

I check in every day on like 4 threads Maddi. It really does help.
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

thanks y'all

I am going to check in and read also. I have just read a thread on nicotine and alcohol. That helped me and provoked thought. Thanks for being non judgemental of me....

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Maddy, what thread are you reading about nicotine? Can you bump it for me? I need all the help I can get just now :-)
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

DAILY VOWS OF SOBRIETY

Maddy,

I'm so glad to see you're back. I've noticed a few "online diaries" here and I'm all for it. I say anything that helps...

I love your tenacity, by the way!

Take care,
                              Be
                              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                              X