Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread Wednesday 25 Feb 09

Hi all. Hope everyone has a good day.

A message from yesterday from Oney: "Just popping in to wish you luck with the new Aus-Zea thread!!! Great idea!" I like the play on Aussie.

But, don't forget Singapore (Betty) and anyone else in this timezone. There are other countries down here apart from Aus and NZ you know.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Morning all - don't yet know what the day will bring.

Answering a couple of questions from yesterday - the nearest fires to me were at Bendigo - a safe distance away. My dam is completely dry and the ground water is now very low down in the aquifer so even the bore is no longer working. Guess this stuff only makes sense to the rural bods and I actually don't know who's rural and who's city based.

Anyway - the first day of autumn is not far away and I welcome it. Have a good day.

Comment

I am going to invest in an Atlas so I am more familiar with everyones location. I am afraid geography never was my strong point....
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Tawny. Day has dawned cloudy here, but blue sky so hopefully the sun will make an appearance soon.

Are you on a farm Tawny? Bad if the bore won't pull the water.
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Yeah, the sun just appeared. It must have heard me.
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Morning all!

Have major PMS. I was hysterical this morning trying to get the kids out of the door. The oldest was straightening his hair!! Then I washed my phone with a load of towels. I've told their Dad I'm going to an early Yoga class tomorrow so he's on duty Lol.

Starts - you'll have to look REALLY hard to spot Singapore on a map. We're at the bottom of Malaysia, and so tiny there is often a red dot to show where we are. If there's no traffic you can drive east to west coast in around 50 mins!

Morning panicked.

Tawny, I so wish wecould send you some of our torrential rain showers!

I'm off to wallk the dogs - J Russell, Italian Greyhound and a very mean Chihuahua - and then to Yoga.

Have a good Wednesday

B.
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Betty - great to see those days monting up in your signature!!

End of the working day here ... was going to cycle home wiht a friend, but she hasn't got back from a meeting, and if I leave it later wont get to my swim squad on time. Not a lot to say, but awfully glad this thread is here!
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Auntie - yup, I'm really glad too. There's just some stuff going on in our part of the world that probably isn't important or of interest to anyone else. Like today, another 50 Kiwi firefighters came over to give our bods a hand. Thank you New Zealand!!!!

Just spent some time with one of our local CFA guys who's been away at the fires and home for a short while - he's been doing 3 x 12 hour shifts starting at 2am. I asked how he can possibly sleep at 2pm, the hottest part of the day, and he tells me they're so bug*ered, they could sleep anywhere, anytime.

Betty - I love Italian greyhounds. Such elegant dogs.

Comment

Hi all, SB I've got PMS too right now - some months it really makes me insane. And if I used to drink when I had PMS I would totally write myself off.
                  This morning the 2 yr old wouldn't get in the car, and then I had to drop the 4yr old off but had forgotten his premission slip for the excursion today, so back home to get it & back to kindy, there was no way I was going to make my class at the gym (which is my hour of sanity) UGH so I took the 2yr old for a little play in the park...was a gorgeous morning. And then felt better.
                  Anyway, 90210 is on telly tonight (I know, I'm tragic - but I was there the first time around and it's a fun/easy watch)
                  I love this thread too.

xo

PS Tawny - I'm a city girl but I know a bit about life on the farm. I swear rural Aus must be one of the only places on earth we're we look forward to Winter!!! i know I did in Sinney.

Comment

Oh and Mame, cycling home from work?? Swim squad??? You Go Girl (loving that show too!!)

xo

Comment

I have missed so much information on the fires as I was on holiday in Japan. (which incidentally is same time zone as WA) Am trying to catch up, as although front page news did not give in depth detail. Haven't seen the news since I got back. So hope to catch up tomorrow, as have to go to Sydney in 30 minutes..
                      Good idea starting this Next Day Thread.

Comment

Yikes! I just realised this is in Just Starting Out. I've been here forever. Am I still allowed to play?

Comment

Hmmm, 4,000 plus posts. Probably Lucky will have something to say!!

Comment

Rags ... don't you mean LuSHy????

And, furthermore - why are you such a post miser? You've been here for some little time too ...

Comment

Oops, I did mean Lucky the ducky, but heavens, Lushy is far more formidable than the fluffy duck.

Yeah, I must get back to posting.
                              Any word from Kate? She can't be sulking 'cause I knocked here off the games board! And whatever happened to Wattle? Hope they're OK.

Comment

Working...
                              X