sometimes life is so unfair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have to vent. Before I left on vacation my friend's son 'accidentally" killed himself--it was horrid. Back to work one day to find out one of my favorite co-workers and work friends has just been diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and it is in her spine. THAT SUCKS!

I am pissed off and wonder why child molesters and murderers and rapists and all the other BAD people don't get cancer? Why the good people?

A part of me wants to use this as an excuse --yes, I acknowledge that--to drink. The other part realizes how lucky I am and how dare I destroy my health when other people are battling for their life.

That's awful upnorth! Really sorry to hear this kind of stuff and my heart goes out to you. However, I do think the bad people get bad stuff too. We just don't hear about it as much because they are not always in our inner circle. But you are right, we do use *everything* as an excuse, at least I do, I'm an expert at it. And you are battling too, only your struggles are different. You deserve a hug!

Comment

hey

Hey honey....I hear ya.....feel free to PM me should you 'need an ear' or wish to vent.........Missed you as of late.....Papa Renewal

Comment

So sorry to hear this news. The age old question: Why do bad things happen to good people? I wish I had the answer. Of course, your rational brain knows that drinking won't do anything positive for these situations, but I understand the mental/emotional battle.:l
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

That does suck upnorthgirl. That's tragic and so sad. Hopefully, you can be there for your friends. They need you, the sober you.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your recent troubles with your friends. It's horrible. Life is unfair sometimes. You being sober is a good thing during this. You can be there without a foggy brain to help your friends. :l
            RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Oh UNG I'm so sorry for you & the people around you suffering.
              I felt the same way when my sisters husband committed suicide - it's devastating to see someone you love go through so much grief. I remember sayng to her right after it happened 'if I could give you my husband to make it better I really would' and I absolutely meant it.
              I wonder the same things about the bad people, I try to console myself that inside they're living their own private hell - more than we'll ever know. I mean, they really must to do such hideous things don't you think?? That and Kharma baby - be it this life or the next they'll get theirs.
              As for your friends and your own grief I can only say that with time it does get easier.
              I'm feeling for you sista :l

xo

Comment

ung
                i been following your posts often. nothing i can say really can go anyways to make things better for you except to say you are in my thoughts. you have been so strong and supportive to people on this site and have shown yourself to be such a caring and wonderful person. you are totally right. it is night fair and not right. there are certainly no answers and it doesn't seem just at all. however, i am sure your friends would not want you to use their terrible and tragic misfortunes as a reason to slide after such hard work on your part! please be strong and know that many people her are thinking of you including this cow.
                no time like the present

Comment

Upnorthgirl, i'm sorry for you.
                  Anyway who said that life supposed to be fair.Fair comparing to what?
                  We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

UNG,
                    I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I think there is a thought that once we get sober life should just always be great. But that's not how it works. Life is still life, and bad things happen. The only difference is how we deal with the hard times. Today you are able to be the sober, supportive friend your co-worker needs. sending you a hug. :huggy:
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Courage UpNorthGirl

Soo sorry to hear about your saddness.

Excellent words of encouragement. We are here for you bab . . .

Wish I could think of some wonderful words to help you but all I can think of is a HUG.

:l place HuGGable here .

Comment

Upnorth - that really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

Here I sit, feeling kind of sorry for myself for Stupid (really) reasons... and then I read your post.

I believe in God... think there is some GREAT design to it all, but it's hard to "get it".

Very sorry for these sad situations you've experienced.

Small words, I'm sure. But I think you can see that many are feeling for you, and I hope that makes you feel not so alone...
                        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Seems bad things happen in 2's or 3's around here. I've decided it is a side effect of having a lot of friends and caring family. My heart goes out to you and your friends/family. :h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

That story is too sad for words.... Poor kid and poor family.... What can you say? I think that justice is divine and although it seems these people do not suffer, I am sure they do, you just never get to see into anyone else's life. Rest assured Justice is divine and God will judge, so they may live in pergatory, who knows. Well done you for not drinking, by now if I was you I would be drunk and sobbing, so you are strong. Keep Strong and don't ever lose faith. Much love to all concerned. :h

Comment

Working...
                            X