Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not AF

Hi All.

The past few days have been so hard. I have wanted to NOT drink everyday since I came back to MWO on Sunday. I have let myself down every time. The W/D on Monday was too much to handle, my feelings of anxiety were so overwhelming!:upset::upset: So, I drank a small amount, then last night, I was right back at it. Tonight I am going to try to take it slow.

I can't quit cold turkey. So, that is my plan right now. Drink a little less every day until I feel confident enough. I know that is probably a s#itty plan...but it's all i got right now.

I know that a lot of you have wonderful advice and kind hearts. I thank you for that.
    sigpic

Still not AF

I know what you mean. I can't do it either. I tried to drink less, but it does not work for me. I don't know what to do anymore, because I can't efford rehab.

Comment

Still not AF

Is it possible for you to get the help of a doctor for withdrawal? I had to have medical help to detox. I never would have been able to stop.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Still not AF

Seacalin,
        What is the process from medical detox? How long does it take?
        sigpic

Comment

Still not AF

I went to the nearby hospital Emergency Department. They gave me Ativan (Lorazepam) to help me through withdrawal. It really made a huge difference. You can detox at home, just take the medicine.

Comment

Still not AF

Do I just tell them I am having serious withdrawl symptoms and need it, and they give it to me?
            sigpic

Comment

Still not AF

That's what I did. I told them that I was going to go into serious withdrawal. They took my vital signs, had a doctor talk with me and wrote me a script.

Comment

Working...
              X