Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT (One day at a time) Thursday

Hi all ODAT'rs

A lovely bright cool morning here. Just waiting for my friend to call so that we can take the doggies for their daily walk.

Gyco, you asked yesterday what was lent. It's the christian season of preparation (prayer, penitence and self-denial) before Easter. It represents Jesus's 40 days in the desert. Children often go off candy, people give up Al etc. In the early days of giving up Al, it can be quite helpful to say "no thanks, I'm off it for lent". That's something I have done in the past. I am back listening to the tapes, taking my supplements and checking in with MWO. One day at a time I WILL stay off Al for the next 40 days.

Sorry have to dash, my friend just called. Catch you all later.

Rustop

I am on day 30 AF Woo Hoo to me!!!!!!
    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

MASSIVE HUGE ENORMOUS CONGRATULATIONS APRIL.......

....SO PLEASED FOR YOU......

Whats the next phase, are you staying AF? If so do you have a specific time you want to achieve or is it ODAT?

Love Moo

ps have you heard from Sav?
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

:goodjob: Aprilmoon, you should be so proud of yourself. Congratulations.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning everyone. I made it thru one day without alcohol. I feel a renewed sense of hope today. I am off to enjoy my girls before they get on the school bus!

April, that is so wonderful! Do something nice for yourself today and relish in your accomplishment.

Comment

Thanks ya'll.

Blanchie....you can do it too...I know it.

My plans are to not drink ever.....we will see how that goes...I hope to be AF for life.

Comment

Aprilmoon - 30 days is AWESOME (and I Rarely use that word!)!!!

Blanchie - you're one day ahead of me... Good going.

Still working on two days in a row. Didn't make it yesterday. Getting disgusted at myself.
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

savon19;557919 wrote: Aprilmoon - 30 days is AWESOME (and I Rarely use that word!)!!!

Blanchie - you're one day ahead of me... Good going.

Still working on two days in a row. Didn't make it yesterday. Getting disgusted at myself.
                Savon....how are you doing this morning? I was a little worried about you yesterday!:l

Comment

Congrats on 30 days Aprilmoon.

Another busy day here but it is over now. I always remember being allowed to break out Lent fast on St Patricks day. Back then I only had to give up sweets. Day 2 here AF.

Comment

April - thanks... I seem to be in a tailspin in a downward path. Just have to be Stronger?!! If I can. I CAN! Stop the cycle. Get out of this pity party, coz it's not FUN!
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Hey ODATers,

Congrats, April, Woo Hoo to you is right! Way to go!

I've never done lent but lots of my friends have. Sounds like a good plan, Rusty. The CDs really help me.

Great job on the day 1, Blanchie!

I'm glad to see you're still here, Savvy. You can get out from under it, I know you can.

Hey mood, good job on the day 2, ezzy.

I've been feeling a sense of inner peace for the past few days. I haven't felt this way since my teens, pre-AL. I'm just so grateful for it. I relish every single calming second I feel. It's so wonderful. I came back to MWO in Aug 2008 and, while it's taken me a while, I'm finally feeling better, stronger, more myself. It's a slow process but so worth it. Normally this time of year with the cold and dirty snow I'd be depressed as hell. But I feel so healthy and alive! What a wonderful gift.

Now, to lose this weight...!

Take care,
                      Be
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Hello everyone
                        savon, glad you're here. we were worried about you yesterday. how are you today?

Aprilmoon 30 days! this great!:wave::applaud:

hope everyone is doing well. today is day 2 for me after a horrible tuesday night
                        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                        ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Good Morning ODATers!!
                          Rust--I'm going try to use Lent to help me through this process...at least for the next 40 days...my overall goal is still modding (for now) but for lent I want to go Sunday-Thursday AF with a 2 drink limit on the weekend....I started on Tuesday night to celebrated my month anniversary to MWO by being AF and was AF last night so I have 2 nights under my belt....a FIRST TIME EVER!!!!

Aprilmoon---EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's really inspiring!!!

BB--Keep going....seriously...I went Tuesday night AF...then wanted to drink last night....and kept asking my son, are you sure we don't need anything at the store, are you sure????? He kept saying...NO!!! GO HOME!!! He just want to play his wii...but I just went home...we played wii and watched a movie...day 2 under my belt...hasn't been done since I was pregnant I don't think...he's 7!!! I feel amazing this morning!!! But I know it will be the same battle tonight again with my head...I have to remember THIS feeling!!!
                          Savon--You can do it too!!! Reread BB!!
                          Good Morning to EZZ and 1more as well....I don't mean to cut you short...my son wants breakfast....no school today....so I suppose it's more then just cereal and toast
                          Have a great Thursday...good luck with your goals!!!
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

It does my heart well to see such strength. Stay close Savvy. You will get there again and we are here for you. You all really made me smile today. I am still doing AA. I have landed another job interview, so have two coming up. Prayers please. I am going Nuts being out of work. I do have to start exercising. Got to skinny up for my trip to Sarasota lol.
                            Tonight, my home group in AA is meeting and I have to ask for a job in the group. It is good to get active with a home group. Isolation is my enemy. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

HI guys,

Doing good here - had a fairly decent sleep last night - work is a little brutal right now but it happens. I am looking forward to a good evening at home with my daughter - wine is calling but I know I have an AF version at home which I intend to crack open instead of the real thing if I can't shake the craving. I am actually looking into hypnosis for smoking and may check it out regarding alcohol as well. I have heard that it is really successful in smoking cessation as they forward the craving towards something healthy such as drinking water etc. Going to read more about it on the drinking front - anyone know anything about this?

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy day!
                              Uni
                              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                              :h

Comment

Working...
                              X