Question about withdrawal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else experienced a terribly thick head and great fatigue after stopping AL? I am on day 4 of drastically cutting back (from two bottles to one glass) and I can barely think. Last night I had to get up in the late evening to help my daughter with a very complex school project; I honestly could not wrap my mind around it. I felt like someone had drugged me, and I was kind of snarly to my other child, who kept interjecting comments.

My point is, today I can't think either. Work has been just torture. Thank god for spell check and a reasonably light day.

Am I crazy?

Crazy

I hope not ... I'm feeling pretty much the same. Day 4 for me too and the headache I have is worse than a hangover. I'm feeling kinda sick all over ... I don't have any idea how long it will take to feel better, hopefully soon. Hang in there, I'm still with you. (((hugs)))
    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Crazy
      I'm day 39 and I've experienced all of that stuff. I'm still really tired despite taking supplements, getting enough sleep, eating well etc. I just try and think of it as my body recovering after a long bout of being filled up with poison every night. Sleep does improve in my experience. Day 4 is early on. Be very kind indeed to yourself. Listen to your body and if you are able, rest up.
      AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Yes, I felt like that, and also when I first quit nicotine too. Its like flu and hangovers all rolled into one..I would imagine its your brain crying out for its drug of choice. Just know that it passes..stay strong
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks so much, friends! I usually feel shaky and agitated and supremely irritable, not so sluggish and out of it! I'm certainly not undercaffeinated, either.

Best to all of you, let's hang in there. Seltzer, water, seltzer, water!

crazy

Comment

All this is very normal - believe me, last year I stopped drinking (and started again!!) more times than I could count :-(

This time I've just got past 10 days and am starting to feel like I have some more energy again. But because I sort of knew what to expect, last weekend I planned a very quiet weekend for myself and spent as much time as I could sleeping and relaxing -- nana-naps during the day, long hot baths with lavender oil in them, early nights, lying in bed reading my book etc etc. Its harder if you have kids or other responsibilities, but I can highly recommend it!!
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Yes, It's normal. I called them my cottonball days, because it felt like my head was stuffed with cotton. I started getting my energy back around my 2 week. At least that's when I started excecising alittle which helped. It does get better. Just give it allitle time.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I AM finding that eating protein is helping a little; it always has helped me during the first very tough week. And especially during the witching hour. Tomorrow I'll try to run/walk in the park and see if that clears my head. This was a little scary, not being able to think!

Thanks everyone. It's nice to know I'm not alone! I really really appreciate knowing that.

crazy

Comment

Funny thing, I have had a headache the last few days too. For me it isn't that severe and is way less severe than my usual hangovers. On the plus side, I do not feel so bloated. Gosh, when I drink I feel like a freak'in zeppelin after a while (not sure if that's symptom of AL). I actually feel more human even if a bit off color.

One other thing is, I'm a nicotene fiend too. It seems to get so much worse when I'm AL. I smoke less when I'm AF. So, these last few days I'm not choking up a storm of gunk because I'm not chain smoking all night. I want to eventually be NF. I don't think I can even attempt that without being AF first. So for me, I feel semi-crappy but it's a better crappy. (if that makes sense).

Drinking a lot of Fuze (I'm so not a water drinker and this is closest thing for me) has been helping.

Comment

I remember feeling like that... especially the fatigue.. by mid day I could barely keep my eyes open. I think it subsided around week 2. Hang in there crazy... it WILL get better!!!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Fuze

Coda what is Fuze? ! Is it summat fizzy?
                      AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X