Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newbie looking for help support

Hi All
    I came across this website whilst researching a drug called Baclofen which was featured on 'This Morning' and helped a French Cardiologist stop drinking....sounded interesting and I'll be keen to see the results of clinical trials.
    I've had a drinking problem for many years now and have used all the excuses in the book for not stopping, but now its developed into a ghastly habit which finds me going to the fridge shortly after midday to pour my first glass of wine and then its downhill until I go to bed.....and I know I'm killing myself.
    Having quickly looked through some threads everyone seems really friendly and supportive, so hopefully I can finally get myself off the booze once and for all.
    :new:

Hi welcome im new like you

Hi thanks for your welcome to me,I wonder how many people saw the tv program This morning and like us have looked for help?It made me really cry.I wish you all the best and hope you find all the support you need.

Comment

Hello and Welcome APC
      I have not seen the show on Baclofen, but I sure wish I did. Maybe I can find it on the Net
      It was suggested to me when I first started out to download and read the MWO book and make a plan for sobriety from there. I don't use any meds for various medical reasons, but I use the supps and CD's. Best wishes to you both as you begin your journey. I look forward to your future posts.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi Jillybean. Thanks for that and I'll look forward to chatting with you throughout our journey
        :thanks:

Comment

:welcome: APC!

Yep, there is tons of wonderful support here... and much to be learned from those who are well on their way as well as those who are just starting out. I imagine you haven't had time yet to look into the book and MWO program? Also, the toolbox thread is a fountain of information and inspiration.

You might also want to hop over to the Newbie's Nest
          - a friendly place for new birds!

All my best to you on your journey!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

yo animal have you come to the rt spot,welcom be looking forward to read your progress gycohi everyone else hahahah

Comment

Welcome APC and JillyB!, You have come to a good place to start your journey. Sunshine gave you two very good links to follow! Good luck to you both.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm still a newbie here. I found this site while googling... The advice I was given was to read the threads and post often. Best advice I was given.

You will see yourself in so many people posting here. It helped me to know that I was not alone in trying to stay away from Rum.

So my advice to you is read and post!:welcome:
                RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Working...
                X