Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT (One Day At a Time) Sunday 1st March

I'm first?? Wehey!

It's March 1st, and a new start for me. Day 1 (again) but I'm cool with that because I stuck to safe limits last night and am amazed with myself for being in control! Thank you MWO!

Hope you all have a great day. I'm heading to the Farmers Market later, then out for a walk

LO

Hey Loney......

Knowing how to stop with a couple drinks is a unrealistic idea for me. I know I love Rum and the way it makes me feel after several, that I can't stop until drunk.

I'm glad you were able to stop after a couple.

This thread is One Day at a Time for a reason....... each day is a new one and we decide how we are going to spend it.
    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

ODATERS!!!

Shoot, I forgot to say "jackrabbit" this AM. Maybe I'll have good luck for the month anyway.

Lonely, good for you for control! Good luck on day one. You'll feel even better. I'm like you April.

SO, March on into an AF month!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Day one for me here. Moderation is not an option--it's all or nothing. So, nothing, no more!
        I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Good Day Lonley, Greenie,, April and all to follow
          A new beginning Lonley. That is wonderful!!
          Said "Jackrabbit" for ya Greenie, even though I don't know what it mean.
          Off to an AA meeting this morning, then helping my friend with his resume and he is gonna fix a few things around here for me. Good deal, huh? I am meeting with my sponsor tonight to start Step One. We are expecting a Nor'easter. 12-16" of snow for my area, beginning tonight at Midnight. I have my Big interview tomorrow, over an hour away from here. Crap!!! Happy Sunday everyone!! Stay strong.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Welcome Sarah
            You are not alone. I can't touch one drink. I accept that. Let us know how we can be of help to you.

Comment

Sea, it's good luck to say it first thing on the first day of the month. I guess like the rabbit's foot idea. An hour drive in a snowstorm. Oh well, that ought to impress them! Is the position with the state or private sector? What are you gonna wear? I'm like your little cheering section here!
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Sara & :welcome:
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks greenie.lol, and I love you for it!! Yes, that should definitely impress them, as one of their big concerns was my commute. I got my hair cut and styled. I was only brave enough to cut of 3", but that's a start. I am wear a suit. The jacket is beige swede with those fake top pockets and a belt, the pants are very dark brown with beige pinstipes that are very fine. I also bought new shoes and an ivory sleeveless sweater for under the jacket. I hope I can park close to the building in my brand new shoes with over a foot of snow. Maybe I will wear boots and duck into the Ladies room to change.lol. I hope you can meet us in FL. I would so love to meet you.

Comment

Saecailin--

Where in NH? I am from Manchester, but in DC right now.
                    I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Wow, Sarah!!!
                      I am your neighbor. I live in Goffstown. Are you coming home soon?

Comment

My brother and his family live in Goffstown. I will probably be up there some time later this month.

Comment

OK - I've decided I won't post anything on MWO until I have at Least THREE days AF.

I seem to get some type of pleasure posting here, so I am taking that pleasure away.

See ya next year! (HOPING that was a Joke.)
                          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Let me know when Sarah. Perhaps we could do lunch or something.
                            Hang in there Savvy. If it helps you to post everyday then post away. I know that I need the support here everyday. I continue to pray for you and all at MWO.:l

Comment

March 1st.

:h hi all you sweethearts. Got a new computer and back on line, but not willing to sit in front of the computer as long as I used to. My fannie was getting wider than the chair.
                              Life, in general, still sucks but all of the horrible events of last Fall seemed to have worked themselves out just fine I'm starting ODAT again and feeling rather fine dosing on HTP-5. I just read the Sinclair Method Site and don't get it. Is there a way to erase the alcoholic brain patterns without drinking?? I really don't wanna drink even just a little, but I want my brain back! It's nice to "meet" all the new members and great to read how well many that I know are doing. I'll do better at keeping in touch especially now that I'm back in the ODAT grove! xxxx g.

Comment

Working...
                              X