Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO Program thread: MARCH!

First day of March and a new beginning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fADr-rIIC78[/video]]YouTube - George Benson - The Greatest Love of All
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Dill, thank you for starting the thread. Today does signify a new beginning. Today I plan on doing my taxes, making a few meals to freeze, laundry, and the self-esteem exercise that 1MC recommended and I will not drink today, March 1st.

Comment

I'm bringing this quote from Cat belle forward from yesterday's thread when I asked her if she had any tips. I kept thinking about it yesterday and last night and this morning.

TIPS: not really. It was just time for me and that is that. I think you have to be at the point of being SO sick of it, and I was. For months before I finally stopped, I lurked on MWO. Some mornings I would just break down crying b/c I was sooo sick of drinking. It would be that whole morning resolve thing, only to later break down and decide that I was going to drink. So that's just my 2 cents. You just have to really want it - it does not make it any easier. It's hard the first few weeks, really hard, and very emotional. I had to be quick at diverting my attention. I probably looked like a lost child wandering around my house at times. But anyway I'll stop rambling - we are under a tornado watch until 7, hope it stays just a watch!
      "You just have to really want it"
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

hey dill, cuckoo. thanks for starting the thread. i'm so happy to start fresh in march. let's do this ladies!
        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
        ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Cuckoo, did you make much progress on your taxes? That's what I should have started today. Ours are hard because my hb had a consulting business last year so we have small business taxes and we have a small farm, so that's another set of forms, etc. We take days pulling it together! The tax structure in the country is ridiculous.

1mc, We will do it! It's hard and will take effort. But it will pay off. What did you do to keep busy today?

Sunday's are hard for me. Harder than the rest.I busied myself with laundry, housework, a walk, a dinner out at a barbecue place, listening to a book on CD, and checking in at MWO. I even went to church this morning for the first time in maybe 30+ years! I thought it might be interesting to listen to a sermon and think. And it was interesting. Funny thing was, when I got home I wanted donuts and coffee. I had a strong desire for donuts and coffee and I realized that when I was a kid, we would have donuts and coffee after church on sundays! Sometimes cousins would come over. Interesting that the association was still there!
          Dill

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj2Gi7hcrf0[/video]]YouTube - Montgomery Gentry - Some People Change

You gotta love it when that bottle hits the wall!
            Dill

Comment

Dill, I got all my taxes done. I use TurboTax so it makes it easy. Looking forward to a nice refund. I loved the song you posted. Ready for bed and start day 2.

Comment

Good morning dill, cuckoo and others to come. I kept myself busy yesterday with housework. Wish I could say the same about my taxes cuckoo. Great song dill, thanks. We are snowed in today so I'll be working from home and just relaxing this afternoon.

Hope everyone is doing well. Here's to a healthy March!
                :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"

Comment

Good morning all. 1MC, I think we are getting hit with the same snow storm. It is really quite wintry here. We had a taste of spring last week and I think we will get another taste this coming weekend. So looking forward to it. Here's to day 2.

Comment

Good morning all,

Would it be all right to join you thread? I've been hanging the newbies nest but would like to get to now a few others here as well.

Dill-loved the song. I'm going to download it to my mp3. I'm filling it up with positive songs to listen to this summer when I'm working in the yard

I hope everyone has a good day.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

lilmea
                      you ar more than welcome to join the thread, it is open to anyone. what is you're plan, are you abstaining or mod? this is a great thread, we are all here for each other.

Comment

Hi Cuckooo! Great news about your refund. I use to use turbo tax, but since ours are more complex we feel more comfortable going to a tax lawyer just now. Costs us mucho, but it feels like an insurance policy. Next year we may be able to do our own because we will be down to just regular W-2's and the Farm income.

1mc, sounds like you kept yourself occupied well yesterday. So sorry about your weather! You and Cuckoo both are dealing with it! Glad you liked the song.

Lil, WELCOME! Glad you joined us and that you liked the song!

Well, I'm on a lunch break, but need to return to work. Check with you later!
                        Dill

Comment

Dill, you silly girl! I just saw over on another thread that you celebrated my 60 days! Thanks, it feels special to be recognized! You know, I forgot about it until lights out last night! I was too busy hoping for snow

Later

Cat
                          Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                          -Alan Cohen

Comment

Cat
                            congratulations! :l:rockband: you are my inspiration.

Hope everyone had a great day. I was home all day, took a nap, finished my work and now getting ready for dinner. I wasn't to happy about the snow but at least I got to stay in my pajamas all day today!

Comment

Hello peeps!!

Well, I'm back and starting from scratch. The week in Banff was busy and tiring, but I finished it off with a really nice time with my daughter and a couple of sibs in Calgary. It was so freakin' cold though - and snowy and blowy - we never saw the mountains until thursday, when it finally cleared and was gloriously beautiful and had to leave!!! Anyway, back to the grind today - it will be nice to get into some routine again. I have been drinking too much, and am now starting fresh at Day1. March is the Month!!!! I am going to do what I did in January and mark my calendar in green and red. It worked well for me, before everything went to shit in February. Started back on the all-one powder and some EPO and some 5HTP - and plan on listening to the cd's again, hoping they will help me relax and get some sleep. I'm dreading the insomnia!!!

You all sound so good and positive. And Cat!! Congrats on 60 days!! Wow!!!!
                              Gotta go make dinner and then off to the gym!!
                              xoxo peanut

Comment

Working...
                              X