MWO Program thread: MARCH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lil no other way round. We've had winter it's March and spring is on the way but its not come yet. We had some snow but doesn't get as cold in UK as USA I don't think depending on where you are.

Cannot wait for warmer evenings. However, it is gonna be a temptation for me!
    AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Hey, Lil, I'm here! I have had a long day today. I usually get on here in the morning before work but this morning I was running late because of the time change/body clock thing. Then, sometimes at work I can log in for a minute or two, but it didn't work out that way for me today. Every time I had a spare minute, someone else was on the computer that has internet access! Then, it was so nice outside when I got home, I decided to get out for a walk before dinner. I'll bet you had nice weather, too! But you sound like you were busy with retirement preparations.
      APRIL, I hope your husband recovers quickly from his surgery! I have no gall bladder stories to share. I still have mine and so does hb! How's he feeling?
      Pnut, Good to see you! Hey, I ran out of L-tryp and have been substituting melatonin in my mix. I sleep really well these days! I am going to keep using these sleep helpers for another week, then I'm going to try to go without them. I never used to have any problems going to sleep. Once my body gets back in balance I should be able to get to sleep just fine without any supps. Sounds like you are doing well these days!
      Joanna, I must say, you are sounding quite positive these days!:H
      Also, I can't remember who asked me about Campral, but, I ran out of the prescription and have not noticed any up-tick in cravings. My cravings are all mental. Not physical.
      I am doing great today. For the month of March I had planned to be AF, but to be honest, I am 7/8 days. Definitely AF today!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello everyone
        Im back from LA. really missed everyone and hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing ok. had lots of craving, but like you dill, my cravings are mental so I have to work on that. I will be AF today
        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
        ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Welcome back, 1more!
          I got a bit confused the other day, thought it was Becoming who had gone away to LA for the weekend. How was it?? Did you get some relaxation and rest in?? Nice and warm??? Oooh - so jealous. We woke to -32C this morning. I'm hating this and just want spring to come already!!!!!!

Hey Dill - I'm going to try getting to sleep with just the Calmes Fortes tonight. I have such bizarre dreams on the valerian - and combine that with the radio station I wake up with - Espace Musique - the Radio Canada Musicale station (french of course) - such bizarre music sometimes, that combines with my dreams and I can't seem to get out of bed!!!! So tonight I will not take the valerian aid and see if I can just fall asleep on my own. Wish me luck!!!!

Tired today, a bit of a headache, but day 3 again. Today will be 7AF/10 days for March - I like looking at it that way. Finding it not too hard this week - changed my mindset about this wine and worknights thing! Also, I shall walk the stairs in my building (6 floors) at lunch time today and swim tonight. Had a good run on the track last night too. I'm trying, but have a looooooong way to go in this training!!

Hi to everybody else on this thread - have a terrific tuesday!!
          xoxo peanut

Comment

Dill I am feeling better since I've been on this site and have chalked up 51 days somewhat amazingly. But if I have a couple of days not doing much, the old depression kicks in and I end up having a completely wasted day. It's so frustrating as last week I did loads and was really active. It felt great. My daughter's been off sick for the last two days and as I've been at home, I've spent most of the time on Facebook. Highly enjoyable activity but makes me start despising myself for my inactivity again. I don't know what it is with me. There have been other conversations on threads about doing things to excess. I seem to be starving myself, spending hour after hour online and ratcheting up hating myself for wasting time! why can't I be a bit nicer?

I have a real problem with inertia. It's fighting me all the time and it makes me really helpless and 'stabby'! As soon as I leave my computer alone, I feel uncomfortable and want to get back on it.

Comment

hi peanut and joanna
              CA was great! lots of rest and relaxation. it wasn't hot 65-70 F but the sun is amazing in CA. Glad to be back, at least I know spring is coming soon. Hope everyone is doing great!
              :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"

Comment

Good Evening all,

Dill-It was warm here today but rainy. But it's suppose to get cold again tomorrow. March in Indiana. Unpredictable. The retirement plans are coming together. We have lots of things planned for this summer. I'm trying to figure out some way to spend some of the winter months in FL where my youngest daughter lives.

Joanna-I've spent more time on the computor than I ever have before. But a lot of it has been here at MWO so I see that as a good thing. Once summer comes you will probably be out and about more. I think winter is a time when people tend to hibernate more. So don't be too hard on yourself.

Pnut-My goodness! You ARE going to look like your avatar! Good for you for getting so healthy.

1more-Welcome back. Glad you had a nice trip. It's nice to get out of the rut and do something different isn't it.

I had better get off here and finish a few things I have started. Hope everyone has a nice evening.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

yeah you are right. Thanks Lil

Comment

Pnut, good luck on the sleep! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope you avoid the weird dreams. Maybe you should try a different wake up radio station?

Joanna, you are doing fantastic! I doubt you ever have a "completely wasted day" as you say. Maybe not up to what you hope, but not wasted. You sound like a very determined and productive woman.

1MC, welcome home! Missed you. I'm glad you got lots of rest and relaxation.

LIL, I didn't get any of the rain you had today...at least not yet. I expected lots, but we got just a drizzle this morning, then clouds all day. Sun late in the day, and warm. I took a walk after work with a good friend. It was actually so warm I was sweating! That was a strange feeling after all this cold winter weather.

Good night, all!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Dill, Joanna, Lil, and Peanut. LA was great not to hot but nice mild weather. I was able to relax and have some great mexican food. CA is just beautiful, I miss it alot. I used to live in san francisco and just miss the whole lay back feeling of people from CA.

Well, I'm back to reality now. I started an anti-depressent a couple of weeks ago. Hope it kicks in soon. I was fine when I was on vacation but as soon as I got back home I started feeling a little down and the cravings kicked in but I'm hanging in there. I have a feeling my depression is more seasonal than anything else. It's been raining everyday here and I haven't seen the bright sun since I left LA.

Hope everyone is doing well and reaching their goal today. Good to be back on the MWO website.:l

Comment

Joanna, you are doing fantastic! I doubt you ever have a "completely wasted day" as you say. Maybe not up to what you hope, but not wasted. You sound like a very determined and productive woman.

Thanks dill you have made my day! Don't get much face to face support so this matters loads:l

Comment

Hey gang - just posted on the 4day thread, although I kinda blew it last night with 2 glasses of (green) wine. I have to age the stuff a little while me thinks, then give it all away!

1more - I went to a conference in San Fransisco a couple years ago, my first time to that city, and I really liked it there. These yearly conferences every September have allowed me to visit a number of different cities all over the states, and quite a while back we were fortunate enough that it was in San Diego. Now that's weather I could live with!!!!! My gal pal and I were so tired by the time we got to our hotel, we had the lights out by 9pm, and so naturally, I was awake at 5am. Was running along the water front by 6am and it was completely glorious!!!! Anyway, hope the sun comes out where you are and you start to feel better. Maybe some fake-bake treatments would make you feel better??? Think you suffer a bit from SADD? Is that what that is called?? My sister suffered with that when she first moved to Vancouver. Where I am, it is very sunny - just friggin' cold (-32C this morning - yuck!!)

OK - best git!
                          xo peanut

Comment

Yes Peanut
                            I think you might be right because when I was in LA I was feeling great, no cravings or sadness. I love San Diego, i've been there a few times, the weather is just perfect. I also love Santa Barbara.

I'm going to yoga after work. I always feel better after yoga, I just have to make it part of my routine, at least until this awful weather gets better.

Comment

SAD is Seasonal Affect Disorder and I think it affects a lot of people! I know I'm feeling more energized now that the dayligt is lengthening! 1MC, you must be a California girl at heart!

Pnut, what is "fake bake" treatments?
                              Dill

Comment

I'm guessing its fake tanning?

Comment

Working...
                                X