MWO Program thread: MARCH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a friend who is really affected by dull sunless days every single winter. If the sun is out in the winter she feels happy and energized and motivated. If its grim out, she wants to curl up and go to sleep. Really really noticeable
    AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone
      I'm feeling much better today. I went to yoga last night and had a good night sleep. The sun is out today and I'm feeling more energized. Thank God for the sun and yoga.

Hope everyone has a great day. AF TODAY!
      :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
      ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

1more - glad you are feeling better. I hope the sun continues to shine for you!
        I am getting impatient for this cold whether to go away. Went to the gym last night and brought a couple running buddies with me as they just couldn't bear another frigid outdoor run, so we ran the track instead. Boring, but much more comfortable. I am supposed to set a run this sunday, and it is supposed to go up to -7C and I hope they are right!!!!! No exercise for me today - I have to give my legs a rest.

Hope everyone is doing well today and making it through the week, healthy, happy and AF!!!
        xoxo peanut

Comment

Hey 1MC and Peanut! I am exercising vicariously through you, thank you very much! So, yoga is nice and running is nice. I feel all de-stressed and energized just thinking about it! LOL.
          I worked like a dog today and got home safe and sound and AF. I'm too tired to do any real time exercise.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi I am new to this site and need guidance. I read the book and it sounds like a quick fix. Is this true? I watched my mom hallucinate when she went cold turkey. I am so afraid that is going to happen to me. Is there anyone out there that wants to start this journey together, with a single mom of two teenagers - 14 year old (troubled) daughter and 17 year old son (who hides his troubles)? Please let me know.

Comment

Hi Linda,

I am new to this site as well. I haven't completed the book, so I will leave the answer to your question about if this is a quick fix to others on the site. IMO, I don't think overcoming AL is a "quick fix" any way you look at.

I would love to go on this journey with you and others on this site. I am so anxious to learn and share from everyone!

I am a mom too. My son is almost 20 and I have had my share of difficulties with him.

I look forward to chatting with you more

Comment

lindab7, Welcome! This is a great website for you to begin your journey. I suggest that you read and post and get comfortable here. Also, you might consider starting an introductory thread in the Just Starting Out section so more people can get to know you. It's easy. Just click on the Thread Starter button on the top left side of the page, type a short title and a post just like the one you put here. More people will see it if you do.
                choppersmom, Welcome, too! I think we have met somewhere else on the site. Perhaps Newbies Nest? I hope you find the support and help you need for your journey!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Evining everyone,

Lindab-I don't know how much you are drinking. If you are still drinking and have doubts about going "cold turkey" I would suggest you talk to your doctor. He can help you detox safely. As far as a quick fix-there really are none. Whether you are trying to Mod or go AF, it takes a lot of determination and a lot of work. But you will find all kinds of support here to help you on your journey.

Welcome choppers-Ditto what Dill said! Glad to have you here.

1more-I think there is always a bit of a let down after a vacation. Even a short one. I think the "fack bake" Pnut is talking about is the tanning bed? Maybe? Any way I always use the tanning bed to get me through the last of winter. I think the lights do help. Besides. there is no way I am going to expose these legs to open day light with out browning them a little bit first. LOL!

Dill, Pnut,Joanne you guys are doing great and hanging in there.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Hi guys - yes, I was referring to a tanning bed when talking fake-bake!

I have gotten progressively more sick throughout the day today. Sounded horrible by the time I left work, and had a hot bath, tea with honey and lemon, and some food. Felt a bit better, but not enough. Oh, I don't want this cold! I've been fighting it all week, trying to sweat it out!! Hopefully it will stay low grade!

Welcome Lindab - stick around, you will get lots of support here. I know about the teenage thing - my middle one was nothing but trouble. She's getting better at 19, but doesn't live with me. Trying to come to terms with her OCD, which was likely at the root of her rotten-ness (oops, did I say that?!?!) Love her dearly though. But really - start your own thread and you will get all kinda of peeps jumping in with help and suggestions.

Hi to Choppersmom too!
                    Lilmea - I like to go to Fabutan every couple weeks during the darkest days of winter, when I get so pale!!! Makes me feel so much better!
                    Dill - happy you are enjoying the vicarious yoga and running! Today is a rest day for me, so take it easy, eh???

Goodnight all!
                    xo peanut

Comment

Hey
                      welcome choppersmon and linda. I agree, there's no quick fix. Linda, I think it's a good idea to talk to your dr. if you're concerned.

lilmea, I agree coming back from vacation is always hard but I'm back on track and yoga is helping lots.

Peanut, so sorry you're sick. i went through that last month so I know what you mean. Hope you feel better soon. drink lots of tea and water.

Dill, you crack me up. how's the yoga and running going? are you as sore as i am LOL?

Hope everyone has a great Friday. AF today!
                      :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                      ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!

Here's to a great day for all of us.

Thank you for the welcome Dill, Lilmea, Peanut and 1More. I really appreciate and hope to get to know each and everyone of you better.

Dill ~ yes, we met in the Newbies Nest!

Have a great day!

Comment

OK guys -down with a cold today. i had planned the morning off anyway to get some stuff together for my bathroom reno, and got my mouthguard and decided not to go to work this afternoon - I think I will take a nap instead. Plus some sudafed. Colds are so annoying!!!!!
                          Anyway - have a great day everyone, eat well and get some exercise and feel good!
                          xoxo peanut

Comment

Anyway - have a great day everyone, eat well and get some exercise and feel good!
                            Oh, Pnut! Sorry the cold finally took you down! Drink lots of fluids and get your vitamin C and rest. You get well, girl! You know I will eat well, but the exercise is not going to happen since I exercise vicariously, and you are not going to be getting it done today!
                            Maybe I'll just do 1MC yoga today. How're you feeling 1MC? It's been cold here, but sunny. It is a definite mood lifter. And yes, my muscles are sore! Vicarious yoga can be strenuous!
                            Hey, Choppersmom!
                            I don't have much planned for the weekend. Just reading, walking and housework. Maybe a movie or two. I had yet another busy day at work today, so I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet.
                            Dill

Comment

Hey peeps!!!

Long time no see! Today starts Spring Break!! I took a nap this afternoon and it was great! Will check in later!

Night yall

Cat
                              Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                              -Alan Cohen

Comment

Hey, Cat! Good to see ya! How's the school work going?
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X