MWO Program thread: MARCH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so stinking tired right now (of school), the schedule is brutal w/ clinicals and classes - thank God for Spring break. I met my parents and nephew in Savannah today and went to the mall, now I remember why I hate going to the mall...and hate shopping. It was nice to see them though -

How are things w/ you Dill? Good I hope. I think about you guys alot, just never have the time to check in to see whats up - if I do I'll be stuck for a while cause I get engrossed.....

We had amazing weather last week, which made it hard to concentrate on doing anything school related - hopefully we will now get some rain

Hope everyone has a good night!

Cat
    Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
    -Alan Cohen

Comment

Hi, Cat, I'm not a mall person either. I have been to the mall more this winter than ever though, just to get a walk! I usually go before the stores open. There are a fair number of mall walkers, but not a crowd by any means. Last time I went, the guy at the starbucks booth asked me if I was a 'walker'. I said yes, and he said, then you get the $1 coffee! Pretty nice! I usually don't go to starbucks because it's too pricey for me. I'm a basic coffee-is-coffee kind of girl. Don't get me wrong, the coffee has to be good! But it doesnt' have to be expensive to be good, ya' know?

Are you on Spring break right now? Or is it coming. Mine starts the last week in March. I can't wait! I'm going to FLA to visit with my son, daughter-in-law and grandson (3 years). Can't wait!

Things with me are good. I am making good progress on the alc. front. As you know, I have had difficulty going cold turkey. You don't know how much your words helped me when you last posted. I am still slip sliding at times, but I am really making great progress! I think I am going to beat this thing, just not as quickly as you.

Times up. Gotta go to a baby shower.

Later!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hey gang - just a few minutes here, and I'm off to set a hash run. It is supposed to reach 0C today, so it should be a beautiful day for running. I was out for over an hour and a half yesterday, half run, half walk - my poor little pooch - I was pretty well dragging him on the way home. He is 11yo now and not quite as spry as he used to be. Just out of condition I am sure - he was limping last night, so I will not bring him running today. He's a Jack Russel, so loves running!!

Cat - nice to hear from you again. Enjoy your spring break - sounds like you need it.
        Dill - I am slipping and sliding my way through this AF thing too. Ah well, back to AF now it's a work night - I will not drink the beer at the run today.
        Hi to everybody else too!!!!
        xoxo peanut

Comment

Pnut, What exactly is a "hash run"? I can't relate to running/walking for an hour and a half! I'm proud of myself if I walk for a half hour! Do you wear earbuds and listen to anything while you run/walk? I am such a baby, I have to listen to music or talk radio or an audio book while I walk.
          I could relate to the pooch thing. My dogs are 11 and 12 years old. They love to go with me on walks in the woods. But lately they are having a lot more troubles with their old bones, and one of them has started limping quite a bit. I believe it's arthritis due to an old hip injury. I wish I could wave a magic wand.
          Cat, I forgot to mention how envious I am of you 'going to Savannah". That's something we here in Ohio talk about as a vacation destination. Yet, you live the dream!
          Well, I made it to the baby shower and back without incident. I was worried that there would be wine there and I would be tempted, but, there simply wasn't. So, that was good. There was a great chicken salad and fruit salad though! Nice time,. I made it through the rest of Sunday AF. Sunday is a hard day for me, but I made it, and the cravings were no where near as strong as they used to be! Hope everyone else is hanging in there! Have a good Monday!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello, I'm doing ok, lot's of deadlines at work and that's always a trigger for me so keep me in your thoughts.

Cat -- great to hear from you.

Dill, glad you made it through the cravings. I also had a huge craving day yesterday but made it through, thank God.

Peanut, hope your pooch is feeling better today after all the exercise.
            :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
            ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am home from a long week end visit with my oldest daughter. It was nice. Helped her do a little closet spring cleaning. She lives about 31/2 hrs from me so even though it doesn't seem far I don't get to see her as much as I would like.

I'm just trying to caught up on everything. Hope you all have a great St Patrick's day. My Grandmother was 100% Irish so I guess I'm partial to this holiday.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

ok where is everyone!
                :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Hey 1more - pretty quiet thread lately!
                  I've not been posting much this past week - too busy!!!! I'm almost finished my lunch break here (work and eat at same time) and have to get back to my lab, but thought I would check in quickly!
                  How is everybody doing?!?! Managing some AF time? I am only doing so-so. It has been so cold here still, and is finally warming up a bit more today. Lots of talk of spring for the MWO members, and it makes me envious! I wanted to run at lunch today, but forgot my mittens and didn't bring warm enough running clothes, even though it is only -4C out there. I will take my dog out instead when I get home.

OK - have a grand day gang - hi to all you regulars on this thread!
                  xoxo peanut

Comment

Hi 1mc! Did you think we were hiding from you? I don't know where everyone is. I'm glad you popped by. Hope you're doing OK.
                    Pnut, Glad you took the time to drop in. I am doing OK. AF today. I'm taking it ODAT these days. I truly think with the change of season and getting outside more, and more sunlight and all, it will be much easier to achieve AF days. Are days getting longer where you are? They are here in Ohio.
                    Hi to all.
                    Dill

Comment

1MC, Peanut, Cat, Lil, Cuckoo, UNG and others,

I guess this thread fizzled, and I am prepared to let it go, but just wanted to hear from any of you guys maybe one more time? I think of you often and hope you are OK. I'm still plugging away. Had kind of a rough slog today. One long, craving filled afternoon. Fortunately the craving has subsided and I am feeling peaceful just now. Peace to all of you.
                      Dill

Comment

Hey Dill et al,
                        Yes - the thread fizzled. I haven't been on MWO for a while now, but am back as of today. I seem to need some help with this, as BF is a real enabler!!! And I have been letting him.
                        March is almost over though, and we have a new month upon us.
                        Hi to all my old pals from this thread - I hope everyone of you is doing well and accomplishing whatever it is you set out to do for yourselves!
                        xoxo peanut

Comment

Working...
                        X