• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new also

Hello. I am new also. Thinking of trying the topamax.:new:
    :nutso::nutso:

new also

Hi ... welcome, I'm fairly new again too.
    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

new also

Hi MDHW & :welcome:

Have you considered trying the program first?
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

new also

hi there and welcome this is a great place for support and and learning your own way out good luck and would love to hear more about you ..stay strong and think positive
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

new also

Hi MDHW!
          I'm newish too, been here almost a week, and I've found it to be a great place with lots of supportive people and helpful advice.
          LO

Comment

new also

Welcome
            Fiona:angelgirl:

Enjoying sobriety since 27th May 2008

Its a long and winding road, but well worth the walk!

Comment

new also

Hello and Welcome MDHW
              Tell us a bit about yourself when you are ready. We are here for you.:welcome:
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

new also

Welcome!!
                I always suggest starting out by reading the book "My Way Out" and from there you can get a plan together.
                Looking forward to getting to know you:-)
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

new also

Welcome

Nice to meet you. Don't know anything about the meds, but I'm sure somebody will fill you in. Been here about 1 1/2 mos. myself. You'll find alot of support here which you will no doubt need. Good Luck. :welcome::l:wd::applaud::band2:
                  Starting over again
                  ray:

Comment

new also

I'll echo everyone else's sentiments -- welcome aboard MDHW and bouchard! This site provides great access to tools and to incredibly supportive people who truly understand. :h
                    ~K.

Comment

new also

Welcome....

I just came back today....day one again.

If you check the list of forums there's one for medications, and there you will find out info about Topa and any other med. I ordered Topa today....I hope it helps me. Good luck......
                      AF July 6 2014

Comment

new also

Thanks for warm welcome

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I started tapering off the alcohol about a month ago. Made a decision to get back on the healthy train. Always have been very health conscious until about 5 years ago. I have 6 kids (21 step daughter, 11 yr son, and 7 yr quads), been married 19 yrs. I am sure I started self medicating to deal with the stress of all the above. But, all the therapy and alcohol in the world didn't help. I worked myself up from a couple glasses of wine a night to a few bottles between 5p-11p. Tired of yelling, having no patience, looking in the mirror and seeing someone that wasn't even recognizable.....you all know the story. Going through the motions and no one on the outside seeing it or even being concerned......kept up a great front. It eventually catches up. :upset: So, I researched and decided to take charge. Researched, talk to doc, ordered the MWO supplements first and started, cut back on alcohol gradually, then started Topa less than a week ago. I feel good right now. First few days were fuzzy and I felt out of sorts. I am determined. Already on anti-depressants so they were already onboard to offset the depression side-effect that possibly may occur with Topa. Play a lot of tennis so have been careful to drink extra fluids during this process. I appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks for asking me for my story. MDHW
                        :nutso::nutso:

Comment

new also

OMG MDHW - 7 year old quads!!!!!!! :egad:

(I could make a very inappropriate comment here about that would drive anyone to drink!!!!! Please tell us they are not all boys ........... :H)

Seriously ..... it sounds like you are well on the way in terms of what is needed to get this beast under control. Whether you eventually plan to be completely AF (alcohol free) or to moderate within your own limits is completely up to you. But the great thing is that you have a PLAN, you have started implementing it, and you have your supports in place (supplements, exercise, Doctor etc etc) . These boards are a great bonus too!!

You must be so proud of yourself for having come this far already!! Remember that achievement on the days when it isn't that easy (and there will be more to come!!)

Hope to see you around a bit!!:good:
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

new also

Welcome to this site. It sounds like you have a great plan and have taken the time to be successful. Believe in yourself and the most important part is to realize that this is a process and a journey. One relapse does not make you a failure, but not trying anymore leads that way. I am amazed by the courage of the indivuduals who post on this site...they never give up. And this is a hard disease to manage, but with the right tools and determination, changes are made. Good luck. It sound like you have a beautiful and challenging family life.
                            Redhibiscus

Comment

new also

Hello I'm new here too. Let's stick together on this journey....
                              Indifference is in your future with Baclofen. It works!

My frustration with Baclofen, which is shared by Dr. Oliver Ameisen, is that because Baclofen is an off patent medication there is no profit motive for drug companies to support clinical trials that would demonstrate its efficacy in treating addiction.

Comment

Working...
                              X