I'm back.....again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back.....again....

Well, it would seem as though I am back....I cannot keep deluding myself that I don't have an issue with AL. My husband is getting more upset about it, and well, after growing up with an alcoholic father, I don't want to subject my kids to it. Above all else, I am tired of being tired and down on myself. Does AL make things better? Maybe for a couple hours, then it's all still there, right at the surface and you feel like s**t physically and have to deal with it.

I'm not sure if I am making any sense.....I'm sorry. I just dumped all the beer in the house. My husband will not be impressed with my actions, but considering the alternative, will be proud.

I need to make this stick. I was AF for almost 3 months the end of last year, I know I can do it. I just need to remind myself that AL isn't more important to me than my health and happiness.

So here I begin my journey, Day One again.....this time, instead of aiming for 30 days, I will just take every day as they come. I will shoot for one week, and go from there.
    AF July 6 2014

I'm back.....again....

welcome back christy. The important thing is not to give up. you make perfect sense. if you had 3 months AF you can do it again. as long as you want it badly. put together your plan as to how you're going to deal with cravings and triggers, and stick around here.

we're here for you. keep posting.
    :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
    ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Good on you for dumping the brew, christy. You've already made an important step forward. I agree with 1more about making a plan and sticking close to here for support. :h
      ~K.

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Hey you can do it. You did 3 months didn't you? I'm on my 2nd day back after 28 AF days so I know how you feel. Just keep reading and posting when you need to and everyone will help you here. Nice to meet you. Hope to hear from you soon.:welcome:back:l
        Starting over again
        ray:

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Attached files [img]/converted_files/826587=4821-attachment.jpg[/img]
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Good to have you back. Stay close.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Hello from me too!
              Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
              Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
              10 days - Sept 13, 2012
              2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
              Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
              AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
              Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Hello

Yea...know how you feel...was doing good for a while and just went down heal during the holidays.
                Yea...like you, I am just going to take it a day at a time. My mental and physical health is more important
                than AL...use to visit this site every day and it helped...will start logging on every day from now on...just knowing that there are a lot of people with this problem and sharing words with other help.
                take care

QUOTE=christyacc;560937]Well, it would seem as though I am back....I cannot keep deluding myself that I don't have an issue with AL. My husband is getting more upset about it, and well, after growing up with an alcoholic father, I don't want to subject my kids to it. Above all else, I am tired of being tired and down on myself. Does AL make things better? Maybe for a couple hours, then it's all still there, right at the surface and you feel like s**t physically and have to deal with it.

I'm not sure if I am making any sense.....I'm sorry. I just dumped all the beer in the house. My husband will not be impressed with my actions, but considering the alternative, will be proud.

I need to make this stick. I was AF for almost 3 months the end of last year, I know I can do it. I just need to remind myself that AL isn't more important to me than my health and happiness.

So here I begin my journey, Day One again.....this time, instead of aiming for 30 days, I will just take every day as they come. I will shoot for one week, and go from there.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Christy...:welcome: I'm new compared to you. I did 4 months AF last year. My little dog died and I lost it and started back drinking. I haven't had anything since Jan 28 09 this time. I hope to make is perm, but I'm human......I just have a goal to not drink every day when I get up. Also no rum in the house helps.

You can do this...WE can do this.:l
                  RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Welcome back to you.

You have taken step one you are here. As stated above, stay close post lots, read lots of stuff where helpful to you....and essentially have a plan. I know that for me that is the most important part.

Remember the 7P principle....

Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance...

Good luck we are all here for each other

Moo
                    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Christy I'm new as well 43 days in. This site has helped so much as in the early days I lay in bed gritting my teeth and drinking tea feeling like s***. It was all i could do in the evenings. Let's just all admit how hard this is and congratulate ourselves on every day we get through.

One of the best tips I've had. Don't say I'm not going to have a drink for a week, a month, a year. Just say I'm not going to have a drink today and think how good you will feel tomorrow!

Best luck
                      AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

I'm back.....again....

Welcome back, christy! Someone here has a signature which reads, "The hangover lasts longer than the buzz." or something like that. How true it is, huh? Just thinking of that saying has helped me a few times. I'm really glad you're here again.

Joanna, I couldn't agree more! I use the one day at a time principle, too. Looking too far ahead depresses me.

Take care,
                        Be
                        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                        X