• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT (One Day At a Time) Monday March 2

Good Morning????
    Is someone hiding the ODAT thread???? :H
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
    Back to work...good 'ol Mondays, huh!?!?!
    My computer isn't working at home...have no idea why...hopefully it magically fixes itself!!
    Have a great day....may everyone reach their goals today!!! Welcome all new peeps!!

Heehee...my first ODAT thread!!!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
    7/29/12

Good morning.

I hope no one minds if I join in. I used to post on this thread months ago, when I was AF, and had my head screwed on right. Since I have started drinking again, I feel like I have lost control and feeling like poop, so I am back again. I hate looking at myself in the mirror and seeing puffy eyes staring back.

I ordered Topa this morning.....I will have to pull out my books and blow the dust off and re-acquaint myself with my illness. I dumped the remaining beer out, DH will be happy at my decision to stop, but not at wasting the beer. He understands I am in trouble..........

Day one.....again......and feeling down. I would greatly enjoy a good laugh and I could use a smile.
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

Thanks for getting us started sd
      Welcome back Christy. ODAT, right?
      Well, I got 10" of new snow on my car and do not have to go to my interview. Thank God. It is over an hours drive in good weather. I am now snowed in with my TV, books, and MWO family. Not too shabby, until I HAVE to move my car for the plows. I am going to call my Daddy in Sarasota, FL and see if I can move in with him.LOL.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hey guys,

I had a bad weekend - was a really stressful week at work last week and I used that as an excuse to drink beer all weekend - didn't get smashed or anything, just that steady stream..........stupid.

anyway, I went to a hypnotist this morning to have an information session as I am really considering that method to assist in quitting smoking. I really liked the session, was very informative and I really think that is the thing that will work for me. I think it may assist with the drinking too as the way this woman works is learning relaxation excercises to utilize instead of smoking - well I'm thinking since I drink when I'm stressed or flipped out basically due to unconcious reflex that maybe this will help with that too.

We'll see but I'm excited at the prospect!

Have a great day guys,
        Uni
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

Well I'm still going strong....33 days AF.....

Christy I found this for you:wow:
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Wellll, I LIED. Said I wasn't going to post here again until I had at least THREE days AF.

I'm going from Bad to WORSE. How do I get back to wanting to be AF????

It's like I just don't care anymore. Praying this feeling will pass, and I will Remember the good things about being AF.

Sorry for the downer post, guys.

April: You're the BOMB!! I'm "inspired" --- not enuff to stop, but...
            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

savon19;561090 wrote: Wellll, I LIED. Said I wasn't going to post here again until I had at least THREE days AF.

I'm going from Bad to WORSE. How do I get back to wanting to be AF????

It's like I just don't care anymore. Praying this feeling will pass, and I will Remember the good things about being AF.

Sorry for the downer post, guys.

April: You're the BOMB!! I'm "inspired" --- not enuff to stop, but...
              I know how you feel, I really do. I am so pissed off at the fact that I CAN'T drink. Why me? While I drink I feel the same, don't want to stop....but I HAVE to because if I don't, I will lose everything that is dear to me, and without that, I will cease to exist. I HAVE to stop because I don't want my kids to grow up with a drunk mom, like I did with a drunk father. It sucks that I can't drink, but some how, some way, come hell or high water, I will be ok. Frankly, I make myself sick...but that's just today and my guilt talking. Once I have a couple days, well, 4, under my belt I will feel much better about myself. To wake up not feeling and looking like sh*t would be amazing!

Now I am sorry for being a downer.......xo
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

ODAT adding up to 3!!! It's been awhile since I have seen the whites of my eyes. Hello Christy, you know that I know how you are feeling.... Try some 5-HTP. It's herbal, not expensive and always seems to help me. Sometimes, I don't take it when I'm being melancholy, I think because I feel that I need punishment. ???... Anyhow, glad that you have an understanding DH (I felt like strangulation would be appropriate this morning) but, thanks to kudzu and 5-HTP I didn't have unstoppable urges for Al. I'm going to town which is my BIG chance to buy some.... so I'm writing this down: I WILL NOT BUY BOOZE.
                P.S. Dump the beer and wine in the ground: plants love it. Dump the vodka down the drain or anyplace that you want to kill some living thing! The weather is causing problems here to... but somewhere in the world there is just too much sunshine! xxx g.

Comment

Well - I don't have kids nor husband... so I think i feel like... what the HELL?

NOT disturbing anyone...
                  Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Congrats on your first ODAT thread, SD!

Welcome back, Christy, I remember you well! I did the same thing. Joined in Mar 2008, left and came back in Aug 2008. It's so good to hear from you and I'm glad you're back in the ring! LOL

Hey Sea, it's been snowing most of the day but not a lot of accumulation yet. Maybe 2 or 3 inches.

Hey, uni, my FIL stopped smoking after hyptnotism. Good luck, I firmly believe in it!

April, you're doing awesome!

Come on, Savvy, you know you'll do it when you want to. You're not a downer, neither are you, Christy. Just honest and open and that's a very good thing. Please keep sharing.

Hey gel! I don't take 5-HTP but I do take Tryptophan and Kudzu and it helps me a lot, too.

Well, I'm still exercising! Took yesterday off but have 30 minutes of cardio to do with my daughter when she gets home from school. We're using the Wii My Fitness Coach and I just love it. It's not perfect but I spent about 1/2 hour on the assessment and realized I HAVE to do this. I want to lose 20 lbs. My stomach, legs and back feel so much better already.

Ok, off to some threads. I didn't sign online yesterday and feel like I'm out of the loop!

Take care,
                    Be
                    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Savvy, you're the most important person in your life. We only get one shot at this, buddy. Please take care of yourself, ok?

Comment

Do it for you.....you are worth it.
                        AF July 6 2014

Comment

Christy! Great minds think alike!!

Comment

Signing in late - ODAT for me. And it was so hard to get home tonight without stopping to buy some wine. My whole journey was an argument in my head. But I'm in my house and there is no alcohol with me. Now I just have to make myself stay in the house. And all because something really stupid happened ten minutes before I left, and I got upset - what a trigger, my immediate reaction was, "I want a drink". No, no, no - I will not let that man get me down again! (It was someone on my corridor who upset me by his thoughtlessness). Don't need alcohol to calm me down, someone remind me that it will only make things worse!

Sorry, I'm rambling here, I'll wipe this post if its in the wrong place

Anyway hope everyone meets their aims today, and that no-one's switches get flipped!

LO

Comment

LO,

Hang in there. It WILL make things worse if you go and buy that wine. You've made it home, good for you! Can you find something to do to distract yourself?

Be

Comment

Working...
                              X