We're Going For 4 Days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Sue. You will find a ton of support here.
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

All quiet here in my office - kitty is remaining calm - probably more like confused!!! Just fed him some coffee cream, esp he's happy.
      Hey - I've started on alot of supps too, including the Milk Thistle for my poor, battered liver. Hoping all this helps me. AND, Although I haven't started back on Topa - i forgot to pull it out, I think I will try a low lever for a while and take one when I return my cat to the house. I am feeling quite positive about this - at last!!!!
      xoxo peanut

Comment

Christy, I didn't know magnesium helped you sleep - I've been taking it in the morning! I'll switch to taking it later.

Its funny and its also great to find all this optimism! Let's hope its a wave we can all ride! I certainly feel so much better than I did yesterday.

Welcome on board everyone who has joined this thread today :welcome:

Comment

LO, I've been taking magnesium in the am too. Just when I think I have it all figured out! I'll start taking it in the pm...thanks, Christy.

Welcome aboard, Suez! I'm on day 2. I just know you'll feel better after today. Hang in there, ok?

Peanut, you sound great! I'm still laughing about kitty!
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Today is Day 4 for me and I am going to choose not to drink! I have a sore throat & ears but I will not let that get me down. Toxins out!!
            Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
            Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
            10 days - Sept 13, 2012
            2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
            Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
            AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
            Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey Everyone,
              Well, I've had three nights of drinking 2 glasses of wine each night. It's not like I was trashed, just a little buzzed. And that little buzz three nights in a row can be the beginning of a downward spiral for me. So I want to stop it now. Today will be my "day one". This time around I'm aiming just to make it until Friday. I know you're doing four days, but can I jump in now for some support just getting through the next three? I'm feeling stressed out about work and family, and I just want to stay AF and face it that way, instead of doing my typical escape into wine.

I work tonight, which helps, but if I come home at 9 and my husband is in a bad mood, it will be tempting to have a glass then. Instead, I plan to make a cup of licorice spice tea (which I love) and dig into my latest book. Tomorrow will be a happier day if I do!
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Ive only just join but I can do 4 days with you if you want me in your group

Comment

Yeah, bouchy, good for you!

Hey sara, of course you can jump in! You're not the only day 1 here, now we have from day 1 through day 4, it's great! I'm a reader, too. That's what I did last night until I woke up with my hand asleep under my book. I like chamomile tea but I'm going to look into getting other flavors, too. Yes, tomorrows always better when we take care of ourselves today, isn't it?

Take care,
                  Be

Comment

jools, we'd love you in our group!!!

Comment

well I m offto Tesco now and I promise I will come back with drinking chocolate (and cake and may be a galaxy or 2) seeya and thanks for the support- think I gonna like this website

Comment

Thanks Be!
                        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Can't wait to hear from ya jools, and the chocolate!

No problem, sara, that's what we're here for!

Comment

Be,

I found an amazing tea, Gypsy Tea. They have different flavours Acai, Wholeberry, etc....I am normally not a huge herbal tea fan, but this is good stuff! It's a tad expensive so maybe get as a treat .
                            AF July 6 2014

Comment

Welcome Sara and Jools!!!

The more the merrier! Will be tough for me to remember everyone, lmao! Too many killed brain cells!
                              AF July 6 2014

Comment

Hey guys,

Glad to see the enthusiasm! I am having a hellish day at work so that always makes it hard but I think once this day is over I am going to go to my BF's house, lie down for an hour and stay calm...........maybe even take some calms forte to chill me out cause right now my blood preassure is probably through the roof - I have a very stressful job which sometimes is just more than I want to bear but I haven't won the lotto yet, so..........

anyway, talk to you all later!
                                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                                :h

Comment

Working...
                                X