I need to start over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to start over

Well, I blew it! Made it through nearly two weeks AF and then blew the weekend. Yesterday was very bad--home alone drinking myself stupid while my husband was gone to a function all day.

Trying to figure out why i did this to myself--a couple issues triggered my anger and upset but why did I use those to excuse myself? I feel like total crap today--physically and emotionally--but a part of me is saying that is good. Teaches me a lesson.

One thing I do know--my husband was in a car accident yesterday (just a fender bender and everyone is fine) because he was checking his cell phone messages. That is dumb, but what if he had been injusred--there was no way I was in any shape to drive if he needed me.

Back to day one.

I need to start over

Hey up north.

I know you are feeling badly - oh trust me how I know - I've been there. I go back and think so many times about the things I have done while drinking, the damage it has caused the guilt I feel and yet I go out and do it again! Stupid......we have all been there.

I am back to day one today too - want to do a couple of days together?
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

I need to start over

Hey, upnorth!
      Sorry to hear you had a tough weekend, but you did two weeks AF which is great! So you know you can do Day 1. Hope today goes well for you. See you in the ODAT thread maybe?

LO

Comment

I need to start over

The best thing about today, is that yesterday is over. The guilt can be overwhelming. Take it from me- I am an expert on self guilt. Why we do it- I don't know. All I can say is that we are all doing this one day at a time.
        Keep strong, tomorrow will be better, and the next day after that better, and the 4th day even better!
        DLW
        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
          Today is a Mystery
          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

I need to start over

There's absolutely nothing wrong with starting over! I'm sorry you're feeling so low today...just get through it (I know, easier said than done) and tomorrow will be better. :h
          ~K.

Comment

I need to start over

Hey girl, You did 2 weeks! Celebrate that. Don't beat yourself up for having a hard time. You have been doing great. I know you are strong and you will be ok. Please be good to yourself and know that you are not alone.

Comment

I need to start over

I know about feeling down and about the guilt, I am on Day One today as well. Why not join us for our 4 day challenge? I know I need to make it to at least day 4 to feel better.
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

I need to start over

I just did the same thing after 28 days. Only I went for 10 days b4 stopping. Pick yourself up and brush yourself off. You learned a lesson that will help you down the road. Best of luck. :l
                Starting over again
                ray:

Comment

I need to start over

UNG, I hope you are feeling better by now, at least physically. Drink lots of water. Learn from this and move on. You have made it two weeks?!! Great! Go for a longer stretch next time! How about the rest of the month? Longer? You can do it!!! Hey we miss you over at the MWO program thread. Check on in there once in awhile!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I need to start over

UNG,

I think we all know how you feel. I know I do. Pick yourself up and begin again. try to let yesterday go...
                    I'm here if you need me!

E

Comment

I need to start over

hey

'Your Papa' misses you in the nest too..............

Comment

I need to start over

Get back up ... I did the same Saturday. This Canadian is gonna stay sober today!!
                        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                        Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                        Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                        AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                        Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I need to start over

Glad you came right back UNG. Jump right back in. My avatar says it all.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I need to start over

.....and this Canadian is going to stay sober as well!!!

Hon, I know you have been going through a lot emotionally lately. You can do this. I know you can. Get right back up and keep on going.

There is NOTHING like a bad hangover to remind you WHY you need to do this. xoxo

Comment

I need to start over

upnorth we're here for you. you did it before and you can do it again, don't give up, to recover is process as sea's avatar says so what you went through was part of that process and now it's over, you can move on to being AF and learn from what you went through.

I think about the times I wasn't able to even take care of myself let alone my partner if she got sick or needed to go to the hospital. We will be here for the people that need us but first we have to take care of ourselves. We miss you at the MWO program threat
                              :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                              ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Working...
                              X