Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never drinking again

Dont be to hard on yourself

Dear shattered.......Please don't be so hard on yourself. From your posting, you sound like you have long periods of sobriety before episodes of drinking. That in itself is very admirable! A drunken phone calls is certainly not the worse thing that a human can do while intoxicated..yes it was embarrasing but nothing to horrible in the big scheme of things. I WISH I COULD ACHIEVE EVEN A WEEK OF SOBRIETY. I have been battling alcohol almost my entire life..I am 56 yrs old, a paramedic, and a musician who has been surrounded by alcohol fcor many years. I have made solid vows to myself for probably almost 30 yrs to stop drinking, attended many AA meetings, been in out pt rehab, and seen councilers. The depression can be absolutely awful and dangerous after a several day bender. IT is true that change must come from with-in and I badly wish I could find that place. We are not bad people.........we just have a love/hate relationship with alcohol and it has stopped loving us back....good fortune to you and God bless.....REPETE

Comment

Never drinking again

Hello Shattered...

If you read posts from yesterday, you will see there are a number of people, myself included, who hated themselves. We all are in this together and the great thing about this website, is we all understand where the other is coming from. I can speak freely about embarrassing moments, because we all have had them.

Don't worry, don't be hard on yourself. Don't drink today....that's all you have to tell yourself, and tomorrow you will feel better because of it, then repeat, I will not drink today, etc. This is the only way I can handle this. I cannot manage a goal of 30 days AF, because to me, it seems like an eternity. A bunch of us are aiming for 4 days, it seems to be the toughest time for most. Then we will set a new goal after that, and so on.....

Please join us.....

Christy
      AF July 6 2014

Comment

Never drinking again

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your replies very kind. I'm feeling slightly better today. I still feel like im a complete fool and if i never speak to those people i called ever again maybe that would be better. My partner has completely forgiven me and promised to not speak to me about it anymore as it just makes me soooo sad. I'm happy that at 25 i have realised how soul destroying alcohol is. Im going on a holiday this weekend so hopefully i can forget everything. I really thank you for all of your kind words they have helped me through....I hope you all achieve your goals. I will i know it im now on day 3 no drinking and no smoking.

Comment

Never drinking again

Shattered,

You are still hanging around though, right? Stick around......
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

Never drinking again

Yeah im going to keep reading and posting and stuff. For sure. I just re read my post and thought sounds like im not coming back.

Comment

Never drinking again

Lol, that's what I thought....I'm glad you are sticking around.

AF July 6 2014

Comment

Never drinking again

oh shattered...me and you babe.
                Glad your feeling somewhat better. I know how it feels to be so sad and ashamed at what you did while drinking. For me I think most of the sadness is because I can't remember what I DID say. Sometimes I feel if I could just remember and not have to wonder then it wouldn't be so bad. I will never know because I don't ever get that sad when I remember....a losing battle it seems. Others have quit though and so I march on thinking that someday...oneday soon will be the last blackout I have. Last one I had I barely remember trying to talk and all that was coming out of my mouth was slurring and my husband was so mad he yelled at me that he should really videotape me and make me watch it. Please, god, I hope he never does that!

Anyway, your not alone.

Keep hanging around.

Dove

Comment

Never drinking again

Just have to laugh

Shattered and all, i have to laugh when i read these posts especially the one about the "we think we are so witty and interesting". How many embarrassing moments have i and my family sufferred through because i had to say something, or do something or talk to someone while drunk. Oh boy. Shattered we have all been there and we all understand. Im not AF. I have learned not to get drunk publicly. I am on Topa and i just got all my supplements today. It is a learning experience and it's great to have support. Welcome to the site.

Cacky

Comment

Never drinking again

Hi Shattered, I just wanted to welcome you. Stay close and read as much as you can on the threads. When your ready post for yourself and get things out of your head. It's a good feeling -- relief. There are alot of knowledgable and supportive people here that will do anything they can to help you. The best of luck my friend. PM me anytime.

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
                    Starting over again
                    ray:

Comment

Never drinking again

Shattered, I'm so glad you are doing well. Keep up the good work!:goodjob::l
                      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Working...
                      X