ODAT (One Day At a Time) Tuesday 3rd March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1morechance;562078 wrote: No matter what's going on in our lives as long as we coming here, getting support and giving support we are in the right track. we can do this ODAT!
    You're so right!

Greeneyes, been playing music as I work, and made myself a nice lunch, then went to get some photos printed, so that's going to be my project/distraction for tonight.

Christy, thanks for chat last night, you guys really helped me.

Be, I hate it when that happens with weight! Seems so unfair! I try to avoid scales now - so long as my clothes fit, that's enough for me

Rustop, hope you feel better soon - maybe a good side effect of being poorly will be a kick start to you being AF!

Hope everyone's having a good day. Raining here now, and quite chilly, though no snow like some of you - come on spring, where are you??

Comment

I'm here too for today ... I'm feeling a sore throat coming on, why does it seem that when you quit you get sick?? Toxins, I imagine ... I will not drink today, I choose not too!
      Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
      Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
      10 days - Sept 13, 2012
      2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
      Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
      AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
      Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

We are so blessed....

we got another day.... a little more time to work on what we often just dream about doing or becoming. Just look at the goings on in this world around us. Any moment, in an instant, our lives could be changed. Airlines are failing out of the sky more frequently of late! I just ate a great soft boiled egg, the sun in peeking around a rain cloud and I am not drinking. I need to get busy, do more exercise, clean up this place, pray more and earn some $$$$$. But, right now, I am feeling peaceful. I've been such a potent planner in the past, always having control. I'll get as much as I can done today as long as I can keep a smile in my heart. Except for the exercise part: I REALLY need to get going on that one.:h:h
        Hey Greenie.... you sound really good!! g xxx :H ODAT is really all there really is.

Comment

gelgit;562348 wrote: we got another day.... a little more time to work on what we often just dream about doing or becoming. Just look at the goings on in this world around us. Any moment, in an instant, our lives could be changed. Airlines are failing out of the sky more frequently of late! I just ate a great soft boiled egg, the sun in peeking around a rain cloud and I am not drinking. I need to get busy, do more exercise, clean up this place, pray more and earn some $$$$$. But, right now, I am feeling peaceful. I've been such a potent planner in the past, always having control. I'll get as much as I can done today as long as I can keep a smile in my heart. Except for the exercise part: I REALLY need to get going on that one.:h:h
          Hey Greenie.... you sound really good!! g xxx :H ODAT is really all there really is.
          (((Gelgit)))) You sound perfectly awesome! I for one have always been of the mind, what I don't get done today, I will get done tomorrow. My mother is amazed at how laid back I am. I just try to to stress over things I simply cannot change. I too need to get my fat butt moving with some exercise. Maybe I will start tonight......maybe I will only worry about one thing at a time, not drinking today. So far so good......kids will be home soon from school.....I will be busy.
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

I will not drink today.

Thank You for the many gifts in my life, including the friends and fellowship here.

Be back for more tomorrow (day 6, beginning to enter the danger zone)...
            Still
            "If it is to be, it is up to me" -R Stayer
            "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin

Comment

Good job SF
              Stay close by, especially in the tough times. Live Chat can be helpful too.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Looks like I made it through the day AF. But why do I feel so BLAH?? It's like I need the "excitement" of drinking.

Just back from a sort of "1st date" with guy (well, it was just at Starbucks for a coffee). But I could hardly bring myself to talk... I was Bored! And probably a bit disappointed that I don't think we clicked. Wondering if that will ever happen again?!

I Know I shouldn't rely on "outside" stuff to be happy, but... I don't feel very happy as I write this.

Maybe it's just the leftover booze in my system.
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

savon19;562641 wrote: Looks like I made it through the day AF. But why do I feel so BLAH?? It's like I need the "excitement" of drinking.

Just back from a sort of "1st date" with guy (well, it was just at Starbucks for a coffee). But I could hardly bring myself to talk... I was Bored! And probably a bit disappointed that I don't think we clicked. Wondering if that will ever happen again?!

I Know I shouldn't rely on "outside" stuff to be happy, but... I don't feel very happy as I write this.

Maybe it's just the leftover booze in my system.
                  I am feeling pretty blah and pissy right now too savon. I seem to be quite irritable. I won't drink though.
                  AF July 6 2014

Comment

Hi All,

I'm here with you again I'm on day 2 after a not so good weekend. But I'm going to try again ODAT and see how it goes. I figure as long as I don't give up completely I might just make :}
                    Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it!

:beach:

Comment

arrived back in Virginia today from Florida. Cold here, brrrrrr...........I guess I now see what some of you were talking about with the cold weather. Anyway, I drove and made it safely, with my cocker McKenzie riding lookout. Sea, thanks for the kind thoughts.

I see that lots of you are struggling to put together some time sober .... congratulations and keep up the work. I think that it does get better over time. Praying for you all. And April and Sea, you folks are stars .. keep going, we all are pulling for you. Talk soon and thanks for all the encouragement on the thread.
                      Matt

Comment

Matthen

Good to hear from you! Glad all is well.

Comment

Working...
                        X