Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT (One Day At a Time) Wednesday 4th March

Good morning ODATers!

Hope you are all well. I'm off to work shortly, going to a concert tonight and staying in College afterwards so I don't have to drive home. Probably won't be able to post for the rest of today, or in ODAT tomorrow morning, just when I most need it! Today is Day 4 for me, really want to break this barrier.

Hope everyone has a great day, and meets their aims. Take care, all! :l

LO

Hi LO,

Enjoy the concert and hope all continues to go well for you - Congratulations on 4 days! :goodjob: It does get easier - breaking the routines/habits etc are tough, but keep at it and you'll get through!
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

Day four here too, Lonely One.
      I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

starting day three

for some reason woke up feeling like crap--bad night last night, too much stress and drama. It wears me out. Heading off to work and will check in tonight.

Comment

ODATERS!!!

Brrrrrr!

Hang tough lonely! You recognise the barrier and that's good so you can batten down the hatches in advance. Have a plan in place tonight and remember we're right here rooting for you.

Hi arial, long time no see. doing OK?

Sara, good luck on day 4 - that seems to be tough for lots of people. Makes success all the sweeter!

Hi ung, sorry about last night. I had that too. Realized I spend far too much energy on someone / something that robs me of my energy. Rather than let it take me down, I decided to redirect my energy. Towards myself :h. Shame I have to keep doing it. One of these days I'll "really get it". But I will tell you this. AL magnifies stress & drama. But I bet you knew that didn't you?

Have a great day all to come!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Day all ODATers
            Congratulations on your AF time. For some reason Day 9 has been the rough one for me lately, but today is day 21, so it can be done.
            I have an interview this morning. Tomorrow is the BIG interview. The job that I really want. Where are you greenie when I need fashion advice??? I don't want to wear my suit to today's interview. With all the snow, ice, and mud out there, I am worried about ruining the pants. I better make up my mind soon.lol. No other plans today except for an AA meeting tonight. Stay strong and have a great day.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Today is Day 2 - which I haven't conquered in quite some time! Really going to Try. NEED TO.

Sarah & Lonely - GREAT job on Day 4. Hope to be there... in two days!
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Great ODAT thread starter, LO, and congrats on the day 4. Enjoy the concert.

Hey Arial, UNG, Greenie!

Congrats to you, too, Sarah, on the day 4.

Good luck, Sea, I hope you dress comfortably and I'll be thinking of you all morning. I promise!

Nice work, savvy.

Had a bad phone call last night, thanks to christy and gia for helping me in chat. My ex SIL tried to kill herself. She's in FL now and I'm in NY. My BIL called to tell us. We don't know how she is at this point and, to be honest, my BIL probably got drunk last night and forgot to call us. I'm a wreck but I'll just wait for the phone to ring. Maybe I can talk HB into calling him. She got drunk and took a lot of pills, been in a bad alcholic state for a few years now. Very depressed.

Anyway, there's all this bullshit secrecy going around and darkness and pain. I'd just like to talk with her. I hope she's in a hospital getting the care she needs.

Take care,
                Be
                "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Good morning ODAT crew!

Be... omg, I'm so sorry. Those phone calls are enough to drive anyone to drink... never mind us, in our fragile state. I so hope your ex SIL will pull through this, and perhaps she will receive some help? You know, the other side of this story is, that the phone call you received could have been about US. :l I'm sending strong healing vibes to your family.

Savvy... PM me anytime if I can help get you through day 2 (or subsequent ones). And... have you bid farewell to those dreadful noodles yet?

Sea... see (am I stuttering?) the nest. Left you orders to ace the interviews there! :thumbs:

Greenie... I didn't know you were a fashion consultant! Come crawl with me through my closet, will ya? And, you're absolutely right about AL magnifying everything we attempt to mask with it.

UNG... you kinda know my take on Mommy Dearest and the rest of the lot. You need to worry about and take care of YOU now. I think that cutting off communication is probably a good idea, if things are starting up again.

Sarah and Lonely... good luck on day 4. I'm rooting for you!

Arial... :hallo: Don't think we've 'met' yet.

Well, folks, I've said this 1/2 hour ago... I need to get my butt dressed and moving! :H Have a great day!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi everyone ... I'm here too Day 5 .... For today I am sober!
                    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Morning everyone!

Congratulations to everyone meeting their goals. I am on Day 3 and am absolutely bagged! I am so tired. I will lounge around today I think, maybe get a couple things done so I don't look like a lazy slob, lol.

Be-I hope everything is ok. I know this may not sound right but you kind of mentioned it in chat last night, there is a positive spin on every situation. This is an eye opener for us, and you did mention that your son will never touch AL, and that is HUGE! To not have to worry about your kids being addicted....I hope he maintains that feeling. I know I worry about my kids, still far too young to drink, but I have to say, if me having the problem can somehow prevent them, then, I suppose the suffering is worth it. Does that make any sense?

Sea-good luck on the interview!!!!

LO-too bad you didn't get to see your movie last night....have a great time at the concert, who are you going to see?

UNG--you can do it!!!! Treat yourself well today.

Have a great one everyone!!!!!
                      AF July 6 2014

Comment

Hanging in but it's hard!

SERIOUSLY this week sucks! WHAT? Is this a test?

Sister in hospital with chest pains. Husband wrecks car. Mommie Dearest is psycho. sister #1 and I are fighting over her enabling Mommie Dearest. Brother #1 divorcing nastily. Brother two in jail for drunk driving. Friend # 1 breast cancer. Friend # 2 cheating with marrried man--horrid. Friend # 3 son killed himself. Sister's kid nuts and in rehab. Another brother's kid in jail. What a great family. Work is a hell hole. Today alone I had a client.student go off and throw chairs at others. Yesterday I broke up two fights--after saying I would not do that and let myself get injured again. there's more but you get it.

My first reaction to all this stress to to come home and have a drink or ten. Right now I am fighting it. Took a hot bath. My husband rubbed my neck for a bit. I listenened to the CD's.

I STILL WANT TO DRINK. So here I am..with you all..hubby doing TV sports and a liquor store 2 blocks away. Guess I will take ANOTHER bath and ANOTHER glass of water and yet ANOTHER snack ( gaining weight like crazy).

this is sooo hard.

Comment

UNG

Wow, I can't even imagine your day. It doesn't seem enough to say we're here for you but we are.

Be
                          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                          X