Tolerance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tolerance

The most important thing i have learned and hope to teach my kids is tolerance. Its interesting to me that some people who are suffering from addiction dont understand this. I was at an AA meeting on sunday. This was an 11th step meeting that is held every sunday, all uplifting beautiful and renewing and this one guy sits there admits he has never attended before and says he doesnt like gays or blacks. The irony is that he had to hold the hand of the gentleman next to him who was black at the end of the meeting. Later that day i get on this site and there was some really awful things being said. I couldnt believe it. Where is the love. I may be alot of things but I do want to make it clear that I will try to make sure that i give everyone a chance. However, what i learned on sunday from the blackman who had to hold the hand of the bigot was that he had to be tolerant of someone that was sicker than him. So lets all learn from that. Sometimes people who are spewing ill will are sicker than us. With love Cacky

Tolerance

Well said....
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

Tolerance

2009 and we still have to deal with this sh*t
      I can't believe it but then again I guess I do
      :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
      ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Tolerance

Honey why so sad..you look so happy!!!

Comment

Tolerance

I agree, cacky, I agree. I'm even at the point where I don't like the word "tolerance". Who wants to be tolerated? Why can't we all agree to respect each other for who we are? Accept each other for who we are? Not judge. Some of the posts here upset me, too, but most are loving and supportive, I find.
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Tolerance

cacky;563337 wrote: The most important thing i have learned and hope to teach my kids is tolerance. Its interesting to me that some people who are suffering from addiction dont understand this. I was at an AA meeting on sunday. This was an 11th step meeting that is held every sunday, all uplifting beautiful and renewing and this one guy sits there admits he has never attended before and says he doesnt like gays or blacks. The irony is that he had to hold the hand of the gentleman next to him who was black at the end of the meeting. Later that day i get on this site and there was some really awful things being said. I couldnt believe it. Where is the love. I may be alot of things but I do want to make it clear that I will try to make sure that i give everyone a chance. However, what i learned on sunday from the blackman who had to hold the hand of the bigot was that he had to be tolerant of someone that was sicker than him. So lets all learn from that. Sometimes people who are spewing ill will are sicker than us. With love Cacky
            I absolutely agree. In what way did he express it in though? Did he honestly dislike gays and black people or were he suspicious of them as a part of his upbringing?
            I'd like to think there's a differerence between the two. I hope you guys (when i use guys, gender doesn't matter, it's more of a way to express a nice comfortable feeling with a single word) know what i mean. Alot of us are lost and we shouldn't push people away without giving them a real chance :l

Comment

Working...
            X