not a good day.... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a good day.... :(

Well, I have to say that my Day 3 is shaping up to be a bitchy one. Wow! I cannot believe it. I just seem to be getting grouchier and grouchier as the day moved on.

I made a nice dinner and one child complained through the whole thing. She almost wore it! OMG! Then after a bit of silence darling hubby asks why I am so cranky, 'Just revelling in life my dear'. That shut him up.

What is wrong with me??? I keep thinking about drinking.....wondering if I am doing the right thing, why do I have to stop? All those kinds of pleasantries.

Please tell me this nastiness will disappear......

Thanks for letting me vent........
    AF July 6 2014

not a good day....

Christy,

The first 3 or 4 days were difficult for me. But it does get better. Really. Just hang in there!!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

not a good day....

Try to get out of your head, Christy... the more you think about drinking, and whether you should drink or not, or how much you want to drink... the worse you will feel and the more likely it is that you will go ahead and drink. Distraction is good! Focus somewhere else, on something else, when you find your mind going in that direction... and the more you do that, the easier it will get... It takes some practice. It's worth it!

Comment

not a good day....

I agree with wippy, Christy, this takes practice. There's something about this damn day 3, I don't know what it is. I started automatically thinking the same this afternoon, like I always do on day 3, right at about 3:30 or 4. I tell myself "stop" in my head. I just make my thoughts stop. I have to do it mechanically. Then I get busy. I went to my shop, picked up supplies, got busy. I'm still doing stuff and my mind got off it at about 5:30 or so. I'm just beginning to relax and unwind from it. With the help of some tea. I knew it would and it's a pain in the drain but it does go away. We need to develop a "Day 3 Magic Pill"!
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

not a good day....

if you can, go to sleep! waking up always changes stuff for the positive for me...

Comment

not a good day....

I think I can safely say, we all know what you are feeling. Been there, done that! Hang in. It is rough, but it gets better!

Check this thread out. It might help:
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...p-4-31458.html
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

not a good day....

Butter

I know you are craving. So am I. Big time. I keep thinking about the book and the section that said why do we crave alcohol? Do we spend our days craving a stick of butter, fantasixing about it, craving it?

Put AL in the place of a stick of butter..

Okay, for me this may be difficult--I love butter. But you get it--who has OCD about butter? NOT US and NOT alcohol. We rock with determination.

Comment

not a good day....

it will stop. just when. is all up to you .. believe me it does get better .. stay strong and think positive
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

not a good day....

The nastiness will disappear. In fact you will find yourself wondering what all the fuss was about. I know I began coping much better with any minor little upset once I was AF for a week. After that it just got better and better.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09
                  AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

not a good day....

I agree with all the above. This isn't an easy thing to do, but if you really want to be AF you can do it. I wish you the best. Maybe you could talk to your husband and let him know that this is very hard for you and you could use a little support. :l

I hope today is better for you.
                    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Working...
                    X