Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just cant stop, really need help

please ,

i dont know what to do any more i cant stop drinking, ive got back from work and ive drank a full bottle of wine im one to the second, i just cant stop. i'm so sad, its only when i start drinking, i cant stop i've moved ot of my home and i'm staying with my mum due to being in a voatile relationship. i hate it, its getting worse, i know its wrong but i keep drinking the wine i dont know why there is part of me that just overrides my better judgement and i just keep drinking, not for a million pounds would i put my wine away i dont know why i just want it, i know its there and i want to drink it, why can some just call it a night and i cant? i did so well went a week AF and now... i just want to understand.. be able t olisten to the better side of me but i cant.

i realise i have posted a lot recently and its all been negative and i'm sorry i just cant see any other way, no body else in my life ever sees me like this its always in the early hours of the morning by myself, i'm just lost .

Shelley,

Can you pour the bottle out now and get yourself a glass of water?

Be
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

...and yes you CAN stop. You just aren't stopping.

Comment

i could lie and say that i will, but i cant, i really cant i dont know why its like i just want to sink myself loewr and lower, why cant i throw it out?? its just a stupid bottle!!! i just cant though its too scary

Comment

Well, it's great you're not lying, but the truth is you can. I mean, is someone forcing a gun to your head so you can't? No

So, you can you are choosing not to. It's because you've had too much to drink to be reasonable. You should stop drinking but you are choosing not to. There is nothing to be afraid of. You'll feel better, and more free, when you do. But I think you know that.

Comment

Hey Zeneroni, yup, Shelley could use some sleep sounds like.

Comment

Shelley, Would you like to go into chat?

Comment

Well, first of all, good for you for leaving the volitile relationship! That is the first step to getting well.

Secondly, you can stop. I know you can. You are probably feeling a bit of trauma from what happened the other day with your boyfriend hitting your head on the wall. Also moving back home brings about many unwanted feelings.

In order for you to get a grip on this is to NOT have any wine in the house. You need a few days to dry out and then deal with these emotions you have. It is hard; but necessary.

Stop with the negative self talk. It will get you no where fast. You must care about yourself as you left him. Start caring about yourself by telling yourself that you can do this and you don't need to be drinking your life away.

xoxo

Comment

hell no! if Zen needs a cute lil fluffy ass them i'm the girl!! lol!

on a serious note i think its just the end of a stretch of 5 horrendous shift taht have tipped me over the edge, i cant seem to get rid of the need to rely on alcohol to unwind and then once i start.. well the rest is history, thanx for your support guys xx

Comment

ive tried to go into chat but i keep getting a blank screen of nothing???? maybe somehting wrong with my network i'm not sure. i'll try again

Comment

Shelley,

You just posted a very nice post to Crystal. You said "once i start i can not stop until i'm totally passed out, i was doing a degree at uni but alcohol ruined it completley because i was too hungover to go to any lectures and ended up failing. please don't do what i did and get your course back on track, hope you are ok".

That's very nice of you to write that and wish her well but you need to take care of yourself. Read what you wrote, Shelley. You don't need or even want that wine right now. It's not helping you one bit. It's just making you sad and feeling like a loser. Listen to accountable, she's right.

Comment

you may have a block on your browser, shel

Comment

LOL, I'll get into chat now...

Comment

i cant get on it it just says search engine by VBSO (or something like that) wont let me on chat though not sure what it is or how to sort it

Comment

i know nothing about computers!

Comment

Working...
                              X