Starting over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting over

Hi just found this site, was looking up Kudzu...then looked over and saw MWO. Am pretty depressed, angry at myself...drinking is killing me. I was sober for 28yrs, but the last 4 yrs. have been horrible. My son won't talk to me & I just don't want 2 do aa. But I am just miserable, I am tired of wearing a mask. I have tried different alternatives Celebrate Recovery, counseling, therapy. Then I still go buy the bottle on my way home. But by the grace of god I did not hurt anyone or myself the other night. There may not be another chance. I need help.

Starting over

Hi Bellapax a very big welcome!!

I'm so please that you found us.
    First things first, read the book "My Way Out" which will then help you decide how much of the programm you'd like to incorporate into your journey.
    Secondly, keep reading and posting here. There are some great daily threads to join "Newbies Nest" or "ODAT" are just two that I can think of right now.

The MWO program DOES work if you are 100% commited... and it sounds like you are.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Starting over

Thanks DeeBee, I was in East Africa, doing missionary work. Mozambique, Malawai. That is why I really need to get back on track.

Comment

Starting over

Hi Bellapax, welcome to you!
        I agree with Deebers, read the book and there is also a great thread in Monthly Abstinence called the Toolbox Thread. You can do this, this place is amazing and will help. Read and post lots and soak up the motivation. You will soon be feeling better.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Starting over

Bellapax;563927 wrote: Thanks DeeBee, I was in East Africa, doing missionary work. Mozambique, Malawai. That is why I really need to get back on track.
          Wow, I admire you -- that couldn't have been easy!

Stick around, there is lots of support and understanding here.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Starting over

A big, warm welcome to you, Bellapax! The Toolbox thread Startingover referenced is chock full of great ideas that have worked for MWO-ers...do have a look at it. Stay close...as DeeBee says, there is lots of support and understanding here. :h
            ~K.

Comment

Starting over

Bella, you have found a website with wonderful people who are very inspiring.

Read some of the threads here.....You sound like me when I found this website. I had been drinking 6 days out of 7 for a while and getting so drunk. I googled how to quit drinking and I found this site. I found there are so many people like me who are struggling with AL. Check in every change you can to this website. Post your feelings, read others post. It has helped me so much.

I wish you the very best in your journey!:welcome:
              RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Starting over

Bella;

Welcome! As the others have said lost of good information here and lots of support. Make sobriety your #1 priority. Set your goals and make a plan. Keep reading and posting. You can do this.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Starting over

Welcome Bella

Wow, are you my twin? I too would spend my hard-earned money on therapy (no mental health coverage) then stop and buy vodka on the way home. Tried hypnosis also, again lots of cash. Done AA and Celebrate Recovery but not so good with the group things.

Well, we know you are strong and caring, based on your missionary work.

Now it is time be be strong and caring for YOU.

My husband and daughters wrote me a letter (therapy homework) about my history of drinking and how it affects them. I shrunk them down, copied them 2-sided and carry them with me at all times.

Comment

Starting over

Hi Bella,
                    Welcome! I'm fairly new here, been here less than two weeks, would agree with everything everyone says - read lots, post, join in with ODAT if you feel it would help.

This is a great site with lots of really supportive people.

Good luck, stay strong, and stick around!

LO

Comment

Starting over

Hi Bella,
                      I'm also new here. Like you I have tried AA, counseling, self-help books you name it, nothing has worked so far. This is my second day AF and at this stage I'm just taking it one day at a time. I have found reading through the posts on this site has really helped. Please do the same. My thoughts are with you.
                      Crystal

Comment

Working...
                      X