Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Friday

Hey everyone.

Hope you are all doing well. I've been progressing very well myself and am on day 93 now.

I have just started an intensive dieting and excersising plan and have found that alcohol is almost gone from my mind. I guess it comes down to Maslow's laws of human needs.
    I am so hungry at times that eating seems to be a much bigger priority now than drinking ! I know it's not quite the right way to lose weight but it keeps my mind of the AL and I am losing weight at the same time.

Hope you are really all doing well. Havn't been around a lot and have not had time to catch up!!

Have a great AF day everyone!!

Johnny
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

ODAT Friday

Hi Johnny! Hi all ODATers to follow!

Way to go, Johnny, that's fantastic! Hope you're anjoying your exercise and diet plan.

Gorgeous sunny morning here, though chilly and frosty. I'm off to work in a moment, a friend of mine is coming up to do a workshop this afternoon which I'm really looking forward to, and then tonight I'm going to plan my veg garden for this year. Day 6 for me today, am feeling cautiously optimistic, but putting in plenty of distractions.

Have a great day everyone!

LO

Comment

ODAT Friday

And I forgot to mention (as I just did in the army thread) My wife is pregnant again. Expecting number child number two. Yes it was planned and we are absolutely excited. Hope this one is a girl otherwise we gotta keep trying!!
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT Friday

Hey lonely one. Sorry, cross posted so missed you.

Well done. The second week gets easier.

are you excersising?!
        AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Friday

Congradulations Johnny, on the new little one and on the 93 days AF. That is great.

By the end of today I will be 25 days AF. I feel that something has changed inside my mind. Drinking is no longer an option. Even though I have taken ante buse before, this time there is something different. Sobriety is non negotiable.

Comment

ODAT Friday

Hey Veritas. Good to see you are doing so well. You still struggling past the wine shelfs at the supermarket?!

I'm finally starting to live without the constant cravings. the exercise/diet is really helpin a lot.
            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT Friday

Hiya Johnny. Good to see you. Great job all round!

Helloooo Veritas. Big congrat's on 25 day's. You sound great too.......G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

ODAT Friday

Nice to hear from you, Johnny and congrats on the 93 days and the dieting and the baby, I'm so happy for you and your family!

Great job, veritas, on 25 days! You sound wonderful!

Hey LO, Guitarista!

Damp and in the 40's here. I'll take 40's any day! I have a big outdoor community service project today with lots of walking and I'm so looking forward to it. I'm also glad I've been exercising! It's nice feeling strong again.

Take care ODATers!
                Be
                "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT Friday

Wonderful news all around, Johnny! (Btw.. what's wrong with prolonged 'trying'???) :H
                  I wish I could 'diet' - unfortunately, I have the will power of a wet floor mop.

Veritas - big congrats on 25 days - way to go! You sound very strong and inspiring.

Good morning Mr. G (and all to come)!

Rainy, icky morning here. And I'll be off to the dentist in 1/2 hour. Uggh.

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT Friday

Hi all ODAT'rs

Congratulations Johnny both on the 93 days and the baby. Still nursing this flu, on antibiotics. Cant keep my eyes open at night. Fell asleep the last two nights at about 8 pm. on the couch. Napped till bedtime and then fell asleep straight away!! One way to get through the witching hour!

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT Friday

ODATERS!!!!

I LOVE all this talk of progress and determination and clicking! SOOOOO inspiring!!

We are coming up on a beautiful sunny weekend and I can't wait. The thought inspires me to get the company tax workbook done today so I have NOTHING to do that involves paper this weekend.

Have a great day!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Friday

Oh shoot... Greenie... you just reminded me... I haven't even started my taxes yet. *gulp*

Oh.. and good morning to you! And rusty! Or are you napping again, rusty? :H

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT Friday

Good morning ODATers -- Glad to hear of the great progress on staying AF for a long time. Yes I agree, at some point these alcohol soaked brains of ours can decide that drinking is no longer an option. I hope that I am there and don't drink again. This morning I woke with a small prayer of thanks that today I don't have a hangover. I wish you all success!!!
                          Matt

Comment

ODAT Friday

hello all ODAT's

did somebody mention dieting before???? ugh!! I hear ya sunshine- i too have the will power of a wet floor mop possibly even a wet paper tissue ha ha!! second day AF though woo hoo! went shopping before cos i'm cooking for tea - the recipe includes 100mls of red wine, i stood there in the supermarket thinking "i could just buy a big bottle for the price difference" convincing myself it was value for money... but i bought the tiny one, measured out what i need and chucked the rest away. very pleased with myself :yay:

Comment

ODAT Friday

Good day all ODATers
                              Congratulations Johnny on your AF time and the new baby. How exciting!!!
                              You do sound great veritas. You are doing so well lonely, Hang tough.
                              I woke up with a bad sinus headache. I get this way when the heat is on all night. I cannot wait to shut my heat off for good. We are supposed to have a bit of a warm up this weekend. No big plans for today. I am going to take my daughter to the Community Health Center to try and get her a doctor. She has no health insurance, and has a couple of chronic health problems. AA meeting tonight. Hi Sunnibutt and Greenbutt. Nice to have you back Matt. I pray twice a day. Every morning I ask that the obsession/compulsion for alcohol be removed, and at night I give thanks, and pray for all of those still struggling and of course, all of you in my MWO family.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                              X