loss of braincells..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loss of braincells..

can anyone tell me what im doing to my brain every time i get drunk till black out!!!! i have been drinking for around 10 years and lately it takes me less and less to black out... i was just curious because i heard getting really smashed is the equailivant (sorry cant spell) to getting hit in the head with a baseball bat... im worried i have done some damage.. can anyone give me a little info on this subject.... ? thanks guys..

loss of braincells..

My understanding from rehab is that you are destroying the synapsis that occur in your brain as well as brain cells when you drink. The good news is that the synapsis can regenerate new pathways. So if you stop drinking you can get better. Unless you have progressed so far in your disease that you have irreversable damage and you have wet brain. I hope that helps.

Comment

loss of braincells..

What Al does to the brain

Alcohol's Effect on Brain
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

loss of braincells..

Very interesting read Lasty.
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09
        AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

loss of braincells..

Well, my husband is living proof that al kills brain cells. Not to be mean, but I swear he gets dumber every day. He rarely finishes a thought or sentence, can't remember s**t, I think his brain is pickled. And I'm not mad at him today, so I'm not saying this out of anger. :H
          I bought the supplement on this site that is supposed to help reverse years of drinking damage on the brain, I hope it helps because it is very frustrating trying to have a complete and normal conversation...
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

loss of braincells..

I also have thought about that. specially when I want to solve some kind of problem and I can't work it out. It is frustrating, and one of the easiest thoughts is to blame alcohol abuse.

But maybe it would be a good idea to remember that we are humans, and that not always we are in our best moment. Inspiration and geniality are, for most of us and most of the time, out of reach.

So I try to say myself: take it easy klingsor, you are not Einstein, and nobody expects you to be so. Also I try to remember Forrest Gump, one of my all time heroes.

On the other hand, I sometimes have let my thoughts be unreal, and thought that being alcohol free should turn me into somekind of intelectual superhero. And when I can't acomplish something to my desire, I get really frustrated. I tend to say to myself: Well, you dumbass, if you could manage when you were hangover, why don't you do it now as it was magic now ? aren't you caring about your brain now ? so does it matter at all to care ? and so on

frustration can be so lacerating...

Comment

loss of braincells..

Pot heads are even worse. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
              Starting over again
              ray:

Comment

loss of braincells..

last call;566661 wrote: Pot heads are even worse. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
                lol that's ( most of the times ) true.

I remember a long time ago I used to abuse pot, but curiously enough, in those times I didn't abuse alcohol, always had it under control.

Comment

Working...
                X