My first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post

:new:I found this website 1 year ago and was so excited ! I purchase the cds and the supplements, then went to my doctor to ask for a prescription for the topo , but he wouldnt give it to me but did prescribed camprol. I never filled the prescription . I started the suppl..but never listen to the cds . I guess i wasnt ready to commit ! I am now, i'm really tired of drinking a bottle of wine or more everynight and hidding it from my family. They usually can tell and are worried about me! I love to do yoga , pilates ,and dance , but lately i would be to tired from drinking to much to go to the gym.. I bought more kudzo , the L-Glutamine, all in one powder ,got my cds out and put them on my i-pod and will order the topo online today. I do have a question about the topo . Im taking an antidepressant called citalophram 20mg . Is its ok to take the topomax with it???
    I been afraid to post , but I know i can't do it alone and need the support !

Francine
    :beach:

My first post

welcome and glad you are here .. great place fopr support .. just do your best .. stay strong and think positive it does work .. and sorry dont really know any about the topo or any of the meds .. please feel free to keep on asking any and all of your questions
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

My first post

Hi Francine, Welcome to you. I am not sure about the meds but there are a lot of people here who take them who will be able to advise you.
      You have made a great start and I wish you much luck with your journey.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

My first post

Hi!

I am sorry I cannot answer your question either, but you sound very determined to give it a good shot this time around.

Wishing you all the best and Welcome!

Comment

My first post

Hi Francine and Welcome back.

I've always kicked and screamed my way through life in my own little bubble of what's right and wrong and I found it hard myself at first to reach out for help and support. Although at first my isolation kept me from doing so because I was afraid of admitting I needed help in the first place. I was determined to do this ON MY OWN and MY OWN WAY.lol

Anyway today I have the support of friends here and at home and now with fellow addicts in N/A where I attend meetings regularly. It ALL helps in different ways and I'm more honest these days with myself about my drinking because of it.

Can't help with the Citalopram though as I don't take any supps at present and never did while I was on it. Mind you I used to still drink while taking it so I'm probably the last person to ask!! Any doubts always ask your GP for medical advice.

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

My first post

:welcome:
            Its great that you have poste....long may it continue. You should find you get bags of support here and generally someone can answer most questions, you just need the right soul. I cant help with meds either, but bare with it and someone will.

Again welcome, post often and watch as you succeed. There are various things that you might find helpful such as drink tracker, threading, chat, just reading posts old and new...you can search by subject...try that for your question perhaps? and even chat if that interests you...

Good luck

Look forward to hearing how you are going...Moo
            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

My first post

Here's a wiki article if you haven't read it...

Citalopram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This appears to be an SSRI. I can't speak for this one, but I did take Zoloft years ago which is also an SSRI, and also I was drinking at the time. I've not heard of any adverse interactions between SSRI type depression drugs, and the herbal supplements (Kudzu, L-Glut) or moderation.

The key step, is to look inside yourself and say "This is going to stop, and there is going to be a 'new' me!" IMO the internal commitment is the key piece to get started, and to keep going.

Comment

My first post

Hey decastille,

I love yoga and pilates, too, just got back into it, in fact. I was up to almost 2 bottles of wine a night before committing to MWO. I joined and left and came back, too! I'm on 20mg of Lexapro and take topa with no problem, hope that helps. The wine really does get in the way of exercising, doesn't it? And the thirst, ugh!

Don't be afraid to post! That's what we're here for.

Take care,
                Be
                "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

My first post

Welcome Francine!

Can't help you on the Topa since I don't take any meds - but lots of people her do and will be able to answer your questions. But, I think you have something very powerful already, that can make all the difference, this time around: Your want to be AF and your determination.

Read lots and post when you're comfortable - we're all here to support you.

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

My first post

Thank you so much all your support , it really feel good to get responses ! I will keep posting for sure. I actually did yoga tonight when I got home from work and cooked a great dinner having only green tea and water and will listen to one cd tonight! I feel really good tonight! THank you all again !
                    :beach:

Comment

My first post

:welcome:

You seem to have a plan this time. I wish you the best in your journey!!!
                      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

My first post

Welcome francine I quit cold turkey feeling to sick to drink going for my hep tests today. I worked out as well as pilates. We have stuff in common. I would go to the Doctor if you are that tired. And welcome my dear. Keep strong.

Comment

Working...
                        X