Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I feel like I know some of you already. I've been coming here for a couple of weeks without posting but tonight have decided that it's about time I introduced myself. Having felt so alone with this for so long it's comforting to know that there are people all over the world struggling the same. I'm a red wine drinker, a bottle (at least if I'm being honest) a night most nights of the week. This has been going on for far too long, most of my adult life. Even going ODAT is tough. If I manage one night off I almost want to reward myself with a bottle the next night! I know this has got to stop before I do myself serious damage if I haven't already. I'm fed up of being tired and hungover, looking and feeling terrible. My family deserve more from me. Oh yes, guilty too. What fun al is ...NOT! Anyway, I hope someone is out there as I would love to hear from you.
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Hello

Hi Blue Sky
    Welcome and glad you posted.
    keep it up and you are right- you DO deserve better.
    Honesty is the first step
    Good on ya!
    See you around the boards
    -Sheep

Comment

Hello

Hiya

Hello Blue Sky and welcome.

:welcome:

YOu have taken your first step by finding this site and your second step by posting...so well done for that. Somehow just putting the issue in print for others to read is cathartic. On top of that you will get masses of support here, or so I have found.
      Whatever your goals are you will find useful threads ..you may already have done so....thers drink tracker, chat, you can ask questions, or just have a good rant. Whatever you need.

I hope you will find the support you require here.

Again welcome and keep posting......

Moo
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hello

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hello

Welcome Blue!

Good job posting....it really helps especially as we are all understanding of one another.

Christy
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

Hello

Welcome Blue Sky. You'll find alot of support and direction here. Feel free to PM me anytime if need be. :l
            Starting over again
            ray:

Comment

Hello

Thanks guys, just reading your replies and knowing I am not alone has put a smile on my face tonight. Thanks

Comment

Hello

Welcome Bluesky :welcome:

You have taken the first step by coming here. There is lots of great information here and lots of wonderful supportive people. So look around, read and post. No you are not alone.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Hello

I haven't drunk tonight dispite being 'home alone' so I guess this is Day 1....of how many remains to be seen. I know I am ready to try. There is no wine left in the house due to my 'cunning plan' over the weekend to drink it all. So as long as I don't weaken and go shopping I will be ok. There is other al here but I doubt that will tempt me. I aim is to get to next weekend without drinking.

Comment

Hello

That's a good plan....there are a few of us doing 4 days AF. We are finding it easier to commit to short time frames. So join us over there.....on that thread.....the more the merrier!

Feel free to PM me any time.....I'm here for support.....
                    AF July 6 2014

Comment

Hello

Thanks Christy, that sounds like it will suit me. I will need someone to hold my hand though...I can't remember the last time I went 4 days straight although I did manage 4 AF days out of 5 at the beginning of Feb when I 1st started looking at this site.

Comment

Hello

Hi Blue ! I also posted today for the first time and so happy I did and also doing 4 days starting today..its was really great to get responses from everyone and good wishes so im also welcoming you !!
                        have a great night !!
                        :beach:

Comment

Hello

Let's start this journey together then decastille. Now I really must go and get ready 4 bed, it's midnight here and my husband is travelling home tonight. He should be back in a couple of hours I hope and will be glad to find me sober!

Comment

Hello

Welcome Blue Sky!
                            Your story is so similar to mine. All I can do is repeat what others have said - read here, post here, you'll find lots of support. Check out the ODAT thread (I found it v helpful my first week here) and also feel free to come and join us on the 4 day AF thread.

Stick around, stay strong!

LO

Comment

Hello

Blue Sky :welcome:

You have found a wonderful site full of inspiring people.

It does get easier and then it gets harder and then it gets easier....knowing that helped me alot.

Good luck in your journey!:l
                              RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Working...
                              X