Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT (One Day A a Time) Tuesday 10th March

Good morning ODATers!

I think we may have a few new ODATers today, in which case welcome on board, I hope you find this thread as helpful as I have.

It's a bright spring morning here, bit damp but sunny; I have one meeting (at 9:30) then the rest of the day to myself, yay! Hope you all have a great day, and that we all meet our aims.

Take care, and stay strong!

LO

Hi Lonely One.

Thanks for asking me over! I'd like to join you. I have a day of decorating ahead of me. Will have to be careful not to 'reward' myself tonight for a hard days work. Will check in later.
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

good morning lonely,your not no more,lots of good people here, and knowledge,and know how ,is the way,one day at a time,is odd how the Al mind thinks,we beleive we have to drink to be happy,but in the end,it makes us sad ,the mind needs time to heal,but to heal,it takes time,and isn't this a wonderful way to watch and hear ,what people have accomplished,through each Day,24 hours ain't so long,hope you have a good meeting and a wonderful day,gyco

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs

Thanks for starting us off Lonely. It's great to log on and see the thread up and running. I love your quote Blue about Al making us happy. After the first two drinks its misery all the way. As you say Gyco, it will take time and the important thing is to keep trying. That's why I find this thread so useful, I just concentrate in the day in hand.

Every night I go to bed sober leads to a happier day the following morning. Straight away you are off to a good start. Here's to lots of happier days. Getting through lent ODAT.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning all. Thanks for starting us out, Lonely. Welcome Blue. You'll find lots of support here to help you along your way! Gyco, Is that your dog? I have two dogs. One is chow/aussie and the other is akita/black lab. Hi, Rusty, You are right about going to bed sober. I used to love waking up without a HO. I still love it, but now I am also loving going to bed sober. In the beginning, I was still struggling when I went to bed. Alc's control is diminishing, little by little.
          Have a great day, all, and all to come!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODATERS!!!

SOBER ROCKS!!! I can read at night and know where I left off the next day!!

Everybody sounds so good! And Sweaty Betty has 30 days!! Yippee!!!!!

Carry on!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Every night I go to bed sober leads to a happier day the following morning. Straight away you are off to a good start. Here's to lots of happier days.

Rustop
              That is so true........I love that.

I had my hypnosis yesterday for smoking -went well. I didnt' smoke yesterday at all and also had no desire for a drink. Had no desire to put anything "toxic" in my system at all. I am hoping that not drinking will be a pleasant side effect. I go again on Friday so I'm looking forward to seeing how well this program will work for me.

Feeling good today - wish I didn't have to go in to work though - it's kind of dreary here, a day that would be great to just stay home in bed!

Hope everyone has a great day, ODAT.

Love and hugs,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

That's great uni, I know someone who did hypnosis for smoking (years ago) and that was the end of it! Good luck with that! You'll feel great!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning ODATers -- Yes, waking without a hangover is wonderful. Yesterday I was craving a drink but thank God did not drink. AL plays tricks on us -- like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Lots of love.
                  Matt

Comment

Good morning everyone.....

What a yucky day weather-wise here in Southern Ontario.....we have a rainfall warning in effect. I suppose it's better than snow...though I am desperately awaiting spring. This has been a very long winter...

I have to agree with everyone, waking up without a hangover is great, and going to bed sober is awesome! I had to tee hee when I read Greenie's post about reading at night and knowing where you left off. Remembering the night is always a plus!

I hope everyone enjoys their day. I have had one of my daughters home sick. I had big plans on cleaning today, but with a sick girl, not sure if I will accomplish that. We will probably just snuggle and watch Sponge Bob, like yesterday.
                    AF July 6 2014

Comment

Me too, christy. Daughter's home sick for the second day. There's mandatory state testing coming up and I think she's stressed about it. It's weird, though, because she's an A student...they're tearing up some of the building because they've found asbestos, maybe she's stressing about that? She really doesn't look well. I keep asking her and she doesn't know.

Yes, sober is good! I love the positive note to this thread and welcome to you, blue!

I've got another box to clean out, still working on the cleaning/purging thing, and personal taxes now that the corporate ones are finished. I sure wish we'd get some jobs coming in but I'm not going to stress about that now. ODAT with that, too.

Have a great one, everybody!

Be
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Hey everyone! I usually drink on monday night becauce Im not feeling good from drinking all weekend , but last night after posting for the first time I felt pretty good and reading a lot here really helps ! I didn't drink and didn't feel like it ! Im doing the 4 days af and will keep on exercising and ready and getting familiar with all the tread ! see you all later ..have a great day !
                        Francine
                        :beach:

Comment

Working...
                        X