Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im a newby

:welcome: SHELLEY

This is a brilliant website and ditto to all that has been said already. You are well on the way to your first week already, but as everyone says one day at a time is a great philosophy.

Congratulations on four days. Keep posting. Some find drink tracker helpful, I use it. You can hide it from public view if you wish, but I find the accountability asists.

Good luck

Look forward to getting to know you

Moooo
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

im a newby

Welcome Shelly1,
      4 Days is excellent!!!! You will find many on this site who are giving, caring people, ready to help you in your battle. I look forward to getting to know you better. Before I stopped, I could have had 2 bottles of wine in a day without blinking an eye. I mostly drank beer but wine was happily consumed on many occasions. Kriger
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

im a newby

where do you find drink tracker?

Comment

im a newby

Its down towards the end of the forum threads in Miscellaneous. You can log in and record your planned against your actual drinking

Jo
          AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

im a newby

ok this may be a dumb question but where are the forum threads

Comment

im a newby

if all else fails go the community section at the top and that will take you to the threads
              When you can look a thing in the eye,
              Acknowledge that it exists,
              Call it exactly what it is,
              And decide what role it will play in your life,
              Then my beloved,
              You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
              Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

im a newby

thanks everyone for the kind replies, its made such a difference today to know im not so alone.. and as another loooong night approaches im finding other stuff to do other than watch tv...where i would be drinking..but i think my savior may of been found!!! in "online scrabble!!" the hours just fly by...well thanks again everyone...i`ll keep posted!
                When you can look a thing in the eye,
                Acknowledge that it exists,
                Call it exactly what it is,
                And decide what role it will play in your life,
                Then my beloved,
                You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
                Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

im a newby

hi,i to have the poker games online hahahaha hahahaah wahtever it takes kid

Comment

im a newby

Hi everyone, I've only just found you all .... just nice to talk with some like-minded people. It feels is if AL is everywhere and is considered to be a normal feature of social gatherings these days. I really hate this as it often makes me want to avoid going out so I don't have to deal with trying not to have a drink. I'v been invited out on Friday but am thinking of excuses not to go!

Comment

im a newby

:new: Hi everyone, I've only just found you all .... just nice to talk with some like-minded people. It feels is if AL is everywhere and is considered to be a normal feature of social gatherings these days. I really hate this as it often makes me want to avoid going out so I don't have to deal with trying not to have a drink. I've been invited out on Friday but am already thinking of excuses not to go!

Comment

Working...
                      X